As a leader, you're continuously challenged to navigate constant change and energize others. You need to see what's possible that others don't, resist complacency and stretch your abilities.
Attend the 10th National Summit on Strategic Communications
and get a fresh approach to work and life. Ask yourself where you would like to be in 6 months to a year? Then attend the 2019 Summit and see beyond what you think is possible!
Communications and marketing are intensely competitive professions. Getting any edge at all nowadays is hard to achieve. That's why the Strategic Summit historically showcases speakers who constantly learn, have an insatiable growth mindset and deliver results with incredible speed. The 2019 Summit speakers will be no exception!
The 10th Anniversary Strategic Summit
program and topics are being designed to provide you with cutting edge opportunities to refine your leadership skills.
- An informational edge that leads to insights not readily available to others, giving you the ability to develop solutions unique to your organization.
- A digital edge to capitalize on connections between systems, people, places and things.
- A behavioral edge to influence peoples' actions, enabling you to set a direction and align the teams you lead.
Aim higher! Join us on April 25-26, 2019 in Constitution Hall at American University in Washington, DC. Register and attend the 10th annual National Summit on Strategic Communications
and gain your edge for success.
This Strategic Summit
is designed for corporate, business, public sector and military communications directors and public affairs officers; information operations officers; corporate communications and public relations professionals; and executives from corporations, government agencies, the Department of Defense and military branches, the intelligence community, universities and NGOs with responsibilities in the following areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Digital and Social Media
- Information Operations
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Content Editing
- Media Relations
- Data Analytics
- Public Policy
- Strategic Alliances
- Intelligence and Analysis
- Product and Brand Management
- Community Relations
- Employee Communications
- Government Affairs
- The program also is of interest to:
- Marketing Services Providers
- Association Managers
- Executive Recruiters
- Civic Organizations
2019 Featured Speakers
- Robert Allen, Lead in Digital Operations, Global Public Affairs, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB
- Barie Carmichael, Senior Counselor, APCO Worldwide
- Peter Cherukuri, Media Executive and Entrepreneur, Founder and CEO, LEVIATHAN NEWS
- Katie Curnutte, Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs, ZILLOW GROUP
- Matthew Doering, President and Senior Partner, GLOBAL GATEWAY ADVISORS
- Sean Greenwood, Director of Public Relations and Communications, BEN & JERRY'S
- Ward De Grieve, Commander Senior Grade, Head of Communications and PAO, BELGIAN NAVY
- Stephen Hahn-Griffiths, Chief Reputation Officer, REPUTATION INSTITUTE
- Robert Grupp, Director, NATIONAL SUMMIT ON STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS, and Director, Master's Degree Program in Global Strategic Communication, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
- Brad Jenkins, Producer and Strategist, ENFRANCHISEMENT PRODUCTIONS LLC, and former Managing Director and Executive Producer, FUNNY OR DIE
- Dr. Roger Hayes, Senior Counselor, APCO WORLDWIDE; Associate Professor, LEE KUAN YEW SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Command Sergeant Major Patrick L. McCauley, Command Senior Enlisted Leader, USSOCOM
- Matt McQueen, Chief Communications Officer, PERATON
- Dawn Meyerriecks, Deputy Director, Directorate of Science and Technology, CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
- Christopher Paul, Senior Social Scientist, RAND CORPORATION; Professor, PARDEE RAND GRADUATE SCHOOL
- Tim Paynter, Vice President, Strategic Communications, NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- Bob Pearson, Author and Senior Advisor
- Gabriel Sanchez, Director of Communications, First 5 LA
- Amy Schatz, Vice President, GLEN ECHO GROUP
- Col. Ted Studdard, (U.S. Marines ret), Divisional Staffing Manager, THE HOME DEPOT
- Dave Swanson, Author and Leadership Coach; and Senior Strategy Manager, CHARLES SCHWAB
- Tsuyoshi Tada, Head of Media Relations, Organizational Communications, External Communications, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LTD.
- Kimberly Tebrugge, Chief Communication Officer, UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY
- Professor Xu Zhengzhong, Deputy Dean of the Institute for International Strategic Studies and Director of the International Organizations Institute, CHINESE ACADEMY OF GOVERNANCE
American University's New East Campus
3501 Nebraska Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
The 2019 Strategic Summit will take place in Constitution Hall on the newly built East Campus of American University in Washington, D.C. Click here
for map. Constitution Hall is located at 3501 Nebraska Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016. This is on Nebraska Avenue between Massachusetts Avenue and New Mexico Avenue.
We're excited to host the Summit on AU's beautiful Washington, D.C. campus. In addition to offering a relaxed, collegial feel, the new conference center enables interaction and is fully automated, integrating projectors to lighting to video and audio conferencing.
PARKING & TRANSPORATION
: Delegate parking is available immediately adjacent to Constitution Hall in the Nebraska Avenue parking lot. The closest Washington Metro station is Tenleytown-AU
on the Red line. From there you can walk approximately one mile, or take a taxi/Uber/Lyft, or take a free regular university shuttle at the Metro station. Details on shuttle schedules are here
. Take either the Red or the Blue shuttle routes and exit right after passing Ward circle. City bus routes N2 and M4 are also available from Tenley Circle.LODGING
: There is not an 'official' Summit hotel. However, there are a number of hotels in the neighborhood of American University. Hotels offering discounts to AU guests include the following:The Embassy Row Hotel
- Dupont Circle offers a discount to guests at American University. When booking online at the Embassy Row, use corporate code AMERICAN for the discounted rate.The Courtyard Marriott
- Friendship Heights also offers a discount to AU guests. Book with code U5V or book over the phone and ask for the American University rate.
Another nearby hotel that is popular with Summit delegates is the Embassy Suites Hotel in Friendship Heights at 4300 Military Rd NW, Washington, DC 20015.
Please book your accommodation as soon as possible. Spring is a busy tourist season in Washington, D.C., and advance reservations are advised.