Note: This event was originally planned for 30-31 July, 2020 in Cupertino, CA, USA and has now been rescheduled
New date: 11-12 August, 2020
Does your company maintain or collect sensitive personal data of US citizens? Do you produce, design or manufacture a critical technology? Are you involved in the development, construction or repair of critical infrastructure such as airports, data centers and undersea cables? If the answer is yes to any of these, then the newest proposed regulations on Foreign Investment in the US will have a significant impact on your business, potentially determining whether your company will ultimate succeed - or fail.
The current global political climate has ignited greater scrutiny of investments by foreign entities in the United States and in turn has inspired the Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS) to tighten and clarify regulations on investment practices. Predominantly aimed at "TID" industries, Technology, Infrastructure and Data, these most recently published proposed regulations have been authorized by the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRRMA) and will increase scrutiny of foreign investment aimed at economic sectors perceived to be particularly important for US security.
To meet the criteria for enforcement, a business must meet just of one of these three criteria:
- Produces, designs, tests, manufactures, fabricates or develops one or more critical technologies.
- Performs specified types of work in relation to a list of covered critical infrastructure, such as pipelines, stock exchanges, undersea cable, ports, rail lines and telecom systems
- Maintains or collects, directly or indirectly, sensitive personal data of US citizens.
Topics to be addressed
Topics to be addressed at the TID Advanced Forum on CFIUS and Foreign Investment
- Understanding CFIUS Enforcement Priorities Post-FIRRMA to Prepare for Future Regulations
- Drafting Mitigation Agreements to Adhere to New Compliances
- The Foreign Perspective: Discussing CFIUS's Affect on Foreign Companies Working in the US and Uncovering Where They Lie
- Back in Business! Establishing How TID Businesses Can Continue to Expand and Grow in the Wake of Harsher Regulations
- Performing the Proper Due Diligence When Hiring Foreign Workers
- Navigating Deal Risk in New Regulatory Environment with Political Climate in Mind
- Addressing the Impact of Export Controls Reform to Uncover Cause and Effects
- Defining "Sensitive Data" through the Eyes of Regulators to Determine Who Will Be Affected
TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND:
- Gain understanding of CFIUS enforcement priorities
- Determine what data and technologies these new proposals are trying to protect
- Uncover who is and isn't exempt from CFIUS
- Reduce risk of a CFIUS enforcement action
- Explore the definition and importance of "Covered Real Estate"
- Jenner Balagot, Compliance Officer, Ant Financial
- Randy Cook, Senior Managing Director, Ankura Consulting Group
- Christian Davis, Partner, Akin Gump Straus Hauer & Feld LLP
- Karen Dickinson, Legal Counsel, Americas, Ant Financial
- Stephan Eberle, General Counsel & Head of Limited Partner Relationship, Scale Venture Partnerships
- Doreen Edelman, Partner & Chair, Global Trade & Policy, Lowenstein Sandler
- Victoria Edison, Chief Compliance Officer, Americas, Ant Financial
- Samuel Jacobs, Associate Managing Director, Kroll, a Division of Duff & Phelps
- J. Scott Maberry, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Jennifer Maki, International Trade Director & Senior Counsel, TE Connectivity
- Shaila Manyam, SVP, Client Lead & Senior Director, Public Affairs & Crisis, BCW Global
- John Lash, Principal, Leader, CFIUS Control Group for the Americas, Control Risks
- Karmi Leiman, Senior Director, Trade Compliance, Globalfoundries
- Eric Longnecker, Director, Strategic Analysis & Defense Programs Divisions, The US Department of Commerce, The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Debbie Roth, VP, Sales & Marketing, Japs-Olsen
- Monica Thurman, Chief Compliance Officer, XPO Logistics
- Michael Schacherer, VP, Creative Director, Little
- Waqas Shahid, Senior Managing Director, Ankura Consulting Group
- Inder Singh, EVP & CFO, Arm Inc.
- Vinitha Varadarajan, Director, Information Security, Rubrik, Inc.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.