Superbugs and Superdrugs Conference will be remote access only. In order to attend this event PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED on the ASDEvents website, which is subject to final approval by the conference organizer.
As one of the most impactful pharmaceuticals for maintaining public health, antibiotics have been around since early 20th century and have since shown a need for significant progress in recent years. This is mainly due to its broad and indiscriminate use which has slowly given birth to multi- to extensively-drug resistant bacteria rendering our current last-resort antibiotic arsenal, including colistin, carbapenems, 3rd and 4th generation cephalosporins, useless.
This year's event aims to showcase a suite of sessions focused on novel drugs and approaches, particularly highlighting non-traditional and traditional therapies that provide an innovative means to spearhead the issue. The conference will also place significant emphasis on the much-needed support for innovative approaches such as sessions tackling the funding and support and the regulation that provides guidance towards the goal of ameliorating the continued rise of anti-microbial resistance AMR.
It is crucial to bring industry leaders together to discuss the strategies in place that reduce AMR, evaluate the role pharmaceutical companies and funding bodies play in reducing AMR, learn about new diagnostics approaches to identify AMR and consider novel candidates and alternatives to anti-microbials. Join us in March 2020, along with leaders from the pharmaceutical industry, academia, regulatory and funding bodies, and public-private partnerships to discuss the way forward.
- Antonio Perez, Chief Medical Officer, Senior Subject Matter Expert, Combioxin SA
- Brian Tse, Health Scientist, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- Cara Cassino, Chief Medical Officer, ContraFect
- Colm Leonard, Consultant Clinical Adviser to NICE/Consultant Thoracic Physician & Honorary Professor of Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, NICE
- Daniel Walker, Professor of Microbiology, University of Glasgow
- David Roper, Professor of Biochemistry and Structural Biology, University of Warwick
- Emma Leire, Microbiology Lead, Centauri Therapeutics Ltd
- Francois Moreau, Scientific Director, Mutabilis S A
- Lorenzo Corsini, Co-Founder, CEO, Research & Development, Phagomed Biopharma GmbH
- Martin Everett, Chief Scientific Officer , Antabio
- Michael Dawson, Director, Mike Dawson Antimicrobial Research Consultancy
- Nkechi Azie, Vice President, Scynexis
- Paul Finn, CEO, Oxford Drug Design
- Pedro Madureira, CSO, Immunethep
- Peter Warn, SVP Anti-infective Discovery, Evotec Inc
- Samareh Lajaunias, Director, Combioxin SA
- Yuri Gleba, CEO, Nomad Bioscience GMBH
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, SW7 4DN