The 4th Annual Human Performance & Biosystems Summit
will bring together DoD, Military Research Labs, Industry, & Academia to have a 'Town-Hall' style discussion on current/future initiatives toward advancing human capabilities with innovative research and development in the areas of training, cognition, nutrition, medical care, and machine-human interfaces. At this forum, senior level leaders from across the military services will detail departmental efforts towards developing & delivering technologies to enable, sustain, enhance & quantify human performance for measurably improved mission effectiveness.
Topics to be covered at the 2022 Summit:
- Ensuring superior Warfighter lethality & performance through innovative research & S&T policy
- Driving initiatives to transform soldier physical & mental readiness
- Integrating Soldier performance initiatives to optimize Soldier & Squad lethality and combat readiness
- Optimizing & sustaining SOF mission readiness, longevity, & performance through integrated, holistic human performance programs
- Exploiting biological, medical & cognitive S&T to optimize/protect the Warfighter's capabilities to fly, fight & win in Air, Space & Cyberspace
- Accelerating the transition of commercial innovation & human systems technologies to government/defense personnel
- Developing civilians into smartly disciplined, physically fit, & basically trained Sailors to meet the needs of the Fleet
- Discovering the best methods & technologies to support safe, productive human space travel
Why You Should Attend This Summit:
The FY 2022 budget request for DoD S&T maintained Basic Research program funding at $2.3 billion, which supports traditional fields of interest and emerging fields, such as artificial intelligence/machine learning, understanding human and social behavior, & engineered biology. The 2022 Human Performance & Biosystems Summit
will detail efforts across the DoD to assess and optimize performance, nutrition, cognition, and integration with manned, unmanned, and autonomous systems for seamless operation in all domains. Attendees at this event will have the chance to hear from senior level leaders that will explain how sustaining the combat effectiveness of Soldiers and Human–System teams for extended durations in austere, isolated, ambiguous, rapidly evolving environmental extremes is vital. They will also delve into the opportunities that biotechnologies offer & how to enhance Warfighter cognitive capabilities to increase effective decision making.
As the global environment shifts towards strategic competition, the stresses and requirements placed on the Warfighter will require advancements in training, cognition, nutrition, medical care, and human-machine teaming. Speakers at this event will examine how modern Warfighters will need to be mentally and physically resilient to the challenges that they will face while deployed and at home. They will also examine some of the emerging technologies and research being leveraged to enable the US military to maximize the capabilities and performance of its Warfighters across the full spectrum of operations. Lastly, this year's program will feature a panel of experts from NASA, who are currently working to discover the best methods & technologies to support safe, productive human space travel.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summit's content and focus areas. We will assemble the most respected minds in the human performance community, including operational leaders, key policymakers, DoD labs, industry, and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
At Our Summit You Have the Ability To:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Federal Government as it relates to human performance and biosystems.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest operational energy priorities of interest to the DoD and Federal Government.
- Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 2022 Human Performance and Biosystems Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.Contact us for sponsorship information
2022 Confirmed Speakers:
- GEN Paul E. Funk, II, USA, Commanding General, United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC)
- Dr. Terry Rauch, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, for Health Readiness Policy and Oversight
- CCM Gregory Smith, USAF, Senior Enlisted Leader, USSOCOM
- Dr. J. Corde Lane, SES, Director, Human Research and Engineering Directorate, CCDC, Army Research Laboratory
- COL Melissa Givens, MD, USA (Ret.), Executive Director, Consortium for Health and Military Performance, Uniformed Services University
- Dr. Robb Wilcox, ST, Chief Scientist, DEVCOM Soldier Center
- Dr. Gaurav Sharma, ST, Acting Chief Scientist, 711th HPW, Air Force Research Laboratory
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueSunset Room at National Harbor Marina
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MDHotel
:Hyatt Place at National Harbor
123 Waterfront St., National Harbor, MDParking
For a list of nearby parking options, please click this link