International Armoured Vehicles 2012: Building Upon 10 Years of Success
Now in its 11th year, International Armoured Vehicles has become the largest major meeting point dedicated for those involved with armoured vehicles, and is the best event at which to meet your potential clients from all over the world, in one place.
Each year, the event brings together senior military and industry experts, providing opportunities to gain expert insights on armoured vehicle trends, global procurement activity and lessons learned from the battlefield, as well as to conduct business with the world's leading vehicle, system and component manufacturers and smaller specialist suppliers.
This year, we have secured the most prestigious speaker faculty to date, with the participation of Minister Peter Luff, MP of the UK Ministry of Defence and General Sir Peter Wall from the British Army. We have also confirmed the panelists of our first-ever Armoured Vehicles G6 Industry Leaders Global Strategy Debate, with thought leaders from high-profile defence industry companies such as BAE System, Force Protection, Thales, OshKosh, Nexter and Lockheed Martin.
"This agenda promises to bring together many leading experts and experienced ground combat commanders to discuss the changing, joint nature of 21st century warfare and lessons learned after eight-plus years of war. I look forward to participating"
General Peter Chiarelli, Vice Chief of Staff, United States Army
"We were interested in International Armoured Vehicles because it represents a highly focused event for our target markets. We are first time exhibitors this year and have found the team to be helpful and flexible in their approach to our needs - we look forward to meeting with the range of international military officials who are expected to attend."
Victoria Bailey, CMS Strategic on behalf of Force Protection
"Our objective was to get in direct contact with our endcustomer to hear their feedback, learn from their experiences and use the opportunity to discuss our product offering. We are very pleased to say we achieved all of these goals."
Mr. Hugo Burgers, Warn Industries Inc
Register at ASDEvents and receive 20% discount.
What's New for IAVs 2012?
For 2012, we've taken the most successful aspects of our previous events, and have built on them to create a powerful programme that is both quality-driven and customisable to your needs. We have re-focused central themes, bulked up with an international speaker faculty, and have moved the event to Farnborough.
Here is a snapshot of the new features you can look forward to:
- Most Prestigious Speaker Faculty to Date
- G6 Industry Leaders Panel: Global Strategy Debate
- Interactive Solution Zone
- Dedicated Round Table Discussions
- Improved Networking Capabilities
- Direct Product Feedback
- New Venue
Most Prestigious Speaker Faculty to Date
Over the years, the International Armoured Vehicles show has highlighted some of the most prominent figures in the defence industry. For 2012, the Defence IQ team is proud to announce our most senior-level speaker line-up ever, which includes 50+ Generals, Brigadiers, Commanders and Lieutenant Commanders from global militaries.
G6 Industry Leaders Panel: Global Strategy Debate
With the last of the troops in Afghanistan set to leave by 2014, the question remains: What is the future of Armoured Vehicles? Defence IQ has gathered 6 visionaries from leading defence industry companies such as BAE Systems, Nexter and Force Protection, to first debate and then set the future direction of the market. Hear firsthand where these thought leaders see the biggest trends.
Interactive Solution Zone
With the event moving to the FIVE in Farnborough for 2012, now is your chance to book your position within the Solution Zone, a new take on a traditional exhibition hall. With interactivity being the prime focus this coming year, we’ve designed the Solution Zone to enhance vehicle displays and product demonstrations in order to draw visitors from stand to stand. Whether you’re a prime contractor, or a supplier, this is the perfect platform to increase face-time with your potential clients, whilst showing them firsthand your offerings.
Dedicated Round Table Discussions
Providing you with more opportunity than ever before to shape the debate, our Round-Table Discussion days give you the freedom to circulate between tables, engaging in whichever discussion and with whichever representatives are most suited to solving your challenges. For more information, and to see how you can get involved, download our Sponsorship Prospectus
Improved Networking Capabilities
Meet with those key military representatives and programme managers who are your top priority:
- Private Meeting Areas - for more sensitive “off-line” discussions or meetings
- Speed Networking Sessions - meet with a wider breadth of military, industry and R&D representatives, and put a face to the name of the key players you're looking to meet
- SpotMe Devices - a great instant messaging and G.P.S. tool allowing you to arrange meetings or locate key delegates across a crowded conference hall or exhibition area.
Direct Product Feedback
Bringing together 5 judging panels, each consisting of senior military, OEMs and R&D representatives, we'll be assessing and considering the leading products in the armoured vehicles market, in categories including:
- Best Future Vehicle Technology and Capability
- Best Heavy Vehicle Technology
- Best Light Weight Vehicle Capability
- Best Vehicle Innovation Technology
- Best Product Improvement
A key UK centre for large scale events, it's our pleasure to team up with the Farnborough center to provide a level of conference and exhibition previously unseen in our ten years' history.
A short train ride from Heathrow international airport and near the heartland of the British Army, Farnborough provides the easy access needed for both the international and UK military community. A short drive or train ride from some of the top rated UK golf courses, and all of the amenities of central London, find out how you can make the most of your time at IAVs 2012.
Venue & Accommodations
International Armoured Vehicles has secured group rates at the following hotels:
0.5 Miles from FIVE
This luxurious hotel boasts 169 beautifully designed bedrooms with views over the runway of Farnborough Airport. Just minutes from the FIVE venue, the Aviator is perfect if you want a modern VIP experience with a touch of class
RATES: 20th-24th February 201 at a rate of £165 inc vat per room per night
The Holiday Inn Farnborough
0.3 Miles from FIVE
The Holiday Inn is the oldest hotel in Farnborough, previously known as the Queen's Hotel. This recently refurbished hotel provides bedrooms, bar, restaurant and leisure facilities in an easy location and is the closet hotel to FIVE
RATES: 19th - 23rd February at a rate of £135.00 B&B inc vat per room per night
Village Hotel, Farnborough
0.9 Miles from FIVE
If you are looking for a vibrant, bustling hotel with plenty to offer your delegates, the Village can offer a fully equipped gym, 20 meter swimming pool, lively pub, grill restaurants and even a Starbucks coffee shop! With 120 rooms and situated just 5 minutes from FIVE, the Village Hotel ticks a lot of boxes.
RATES: 19th - 23rd February at a rate of £140.00 B&B inc VAT per room per night To enable you to get these discounted rates you will need to quote IQPC when making your booking
Register at ASDEvents and receive 20% discount.
- Lieutenant General Sir John Kiszely, Former Director of the UK Defence Academy
- Lieutenant General J. P. Singh, Former Deputy Chief of Army Staff, Indian Army
- Major General (Ret) Vincent Desportes, Senior Military Advisor, Panhard
KEY CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
- Minister Peter Luff, MP, Minister for Defence Equipment, Support and Technology, UK Ministry of Defence
- General Sir Peter Wall, KCB, CBE, ADC Gen., Chief of the General Staff, British Army
- Lieutenant General Robert Lennox, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-8 (Programs), Department of the Army, US DoD
- Lieutenant General Rafael Comas Abad, Commander, NATO Deployable Forces (Spain)
- Lieutenant General Michael Barbero, Director, Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO)
- Lieutenant General Jean-Tristan VERNA, Commandeur, Légion d’Honneur
- Lieutenant General DS Sidhu, Director General- Directorate Mechanised Forces , Indian Army
- Major General Christopher Michael Deverell, Director Material Strategy, DE&S, UK MoD
- Major General (Ret) Antonios Chatzidakis, General Manager, NAMSA
- Major General Qasim Jasim Nazal, Commander, 9th Infantry Division, Iraqi Army
- Major General Berndt Grundevik, Chief of Staff, Swedish Army
- Brigadier General Ibrahim Al Rahili, Director General, Logistics, Royal Army of Oman (Round Table Leader)
- Brigadier General Andre Corbould, Deputy Commander, 10th Mounted Division, Canadian Army
- Brigadier General Norbert Huber, Head of Force Development Division, Austrian MoD
- Brigadier General (S) Thomas James, Commandant, United States Army Armor School
- Brigadier Robert Talbot-Rice, Head of Combat Tracks Group, DE&S, UK MoD
- Brigadier General Slawomir Wojciechowski, Commander, 17th Mechanized Brigade, Polish Land Forces
- Brigadier General (Promotable) N Lee S Price, Command, Control & Communications Tactical Program, US DoD
- Brigadier General Mario Ruggiero, Deputy Director, Plans & Policy, Italian MoD
- Brigadier General Justin Maciejewski, Director Combat Capability, Army HQ , British Army
- Dr. Ken Gabriel, Deputy Director, DARPA
- Brigadier Alistair Deas MBE, Director, Defence College Of Logistics and Personnel Administration, UK MoD
- Dr. James T Blake, Program Executive Officer, Simulation, Training & Instrumentation Program Executive Officer (PEO STRI), US DoD
- Brigadier Ben Barry, Senior Fellow for Land Warfare, The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS)
- Colonel Pekka Toveri, Commanding Officer, Armoured Brigade, PL5, Finnish Army
- Colonel Ian Blanks MBE, Team Leader, Support Improvement Team, Support Chain Management, UK MoD
- Ted Maciuba, P.E, Director of Mounted Requirements, Maneuver Center of Excellence
- Colonel Ben Edwards OBE, AD Mounted Capability, Director Combat (DCBT), British Army
- Colonel Brian Buckles, Programme Manager, Light Armoured Vehicles, TACOM, US Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Andy Stevens, SO 1 Explosive Ordnance Engineering (EOE)/DS Ammo, UK Defence Academy
- Rickard Lindstrom, Armoured Vehicles Specialist, FMV
- Major Claus Heesakker Johansen, Director, Study & Development Division, Danish Army Combat Centre
- Major David Rutkay, Director, Directorate of Land Requirements, Canadian National Ministry of Defence
- Jim Blackburn, Assistant Capability Director, European Defence Agency
- Jurjen Hoeskstra, Programme Manager, Boxer, OCCAR-EA
- Mr.Dave Hansen, ,Joint Program Manager Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicle Program, US DoD
- Robert Shaw, Head of Counter IED Task Force Training, International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)
- Andy Fawkes, Head of Simulation, Joint Training Evaluation and Simulation Capability, UK MoD
- Mr. Piet-Jan Leerdam, Project Manager, Vehicle Protection, Physical Protection and Survivability, Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO)
- Mr. Martin Hagström, C-IED Lead and Programme Manager, Weapon and Protection Systems, Swedish Defence Research Agency
- Major Brian Corbett, LdSH(RC), SO2 Coord, Armoured Trials & Development Unit (ATDU)
- William Suttie, Land Equipment Science Gateway, DE&S, UK MoD
- Major General John Croley, Deputy Commander, US Marine Corps Forces Command (MARFORCOM)
- Major Steen Holm Iversen, Lessons Learned, Development Division, Army Combat Centre, Danish Army
- Senior Flag Officer, (Name To Be Announced), UAE GHQ Armed Forces
- Mr. Hamad Al Neyadi, Chief Strategic Officer, Tawazun
- Dr. John Gutteridge, Strategy & Business Development Director, BAE Systems Global Combat Systems
- Dr. Vernon Joynt, Chief Technology Officer, Force Protection
- Andrew Simpson, UK Defence Advisor, Iveco Defence Vehicles Division
- Mr. Frederic Bouty, VP, Strategy, Nexter Systems
- Nicolas de La Rüe du Can, Director of Contracts for Development and Communication, Renault Trucks Defense
- Noah Byers, Director, International Business Development, OshKosh
- Major General (Ret) Chris Wilson, Strategy Director, Thales Land Defence (UK)
- Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) Anders Drefeldt, Senior Marketing Executive, Saab Group
- Ulf Diesenroth, Founder and CEO, IBD Diesenroth Engineering
- Jehudah Fehlauer, Head of Sales and Marketing, Beth El Industries
- Tony Rossi, Senior Product Manage,r Protection RUAG Defence
- Mr. Johan Runesson, Managing Director, Kaller
- Christopher Elliott CB MBE, Director, Doctrine and Strategic Analysis, General Dynamics
- Marc Chassillan, Director of Communications, Panhard
INNOVATION STAGE SPEAKERS
- Nagarajan Sridharan, CEO & Director-Marketing, Fedders Lloyd
- Cobus van der Merwe, Executive Manager, Land Systems, Saab Group
- Jeff Malacarne, Technical Director, Barco Defense & Aerospace
- Mr. Johan Runesson, Managing Director, Strömsholmen AB
- Peter Hughes, Business Development Manager, WEW GmbH
- Christian Nørkjær, Battle Management Systems Product Manager, Systematic
Register at ASDEvents and receive 20% discount.