How effective is your local content strategy?Most governments and international organisations would agree that this is not a straightforward question. In a recent survey conducted by Oil and Gas IQ, 43% of the participating governments, NOCs, IOCs, and service providers agreed that their current programme could be greatly improved.
Governments and organisations alike find creating, establishing, and measuring local content strategy a complicated task. With the current economic landscape impacting global investment projects, local content has become a center point for governments exploring ways to encourage investment that will in turn have a positive impact on socio-economic infrastructure.
Attend the congress alongside local content experts to discuss:
- Global case studies from leading ministries, NOCs, oil and gas companies, policy makers, regional and international service providers: Hear from Mexico, Iraq, Mozambique, Equatorial Guinea, Tanzania, Nigeria, Brazil, Ghana, Egypt, Argentina, Saudi, UK, Sri Lanka, South Africa and many more.
- Measuring success: Learn how your company can form and monitor robust local content strategies and frameworks
- What makes a robust policy and how can this be monitored? Participants will be encouraged to articulate what attributes make a strong policy and what actions can be taken to maintain policy
- Hands on policy development: After hearing from some of the leaders in local content policy, learn how your country can develop your policy to attract investment while bettering your local community and supply chain
Publisher, Orient Energy Review, 2013 Attendee
"The issues discussed have been absolutely relevant. This was a very good exposure"
General Director, ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Ltd, 2013 Attendee
"Good place to compare, contrast and formulate LC policies"
Petroleum Geologist , Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, 2013 Attendee
VenueKensington Close Hotel
Wrights Lane, Kensington
W8 5SP, United Kingdom
Phone: 0870 751 7770
Please note: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel´s website link provided.
- Eng. DTPK Withanage, Petroleum Resources, Development Secretariat, Sri Lanka
- Eng Arsénio Mabote, Chairman, National Petroleum Institute Mozambique
- Senator Jorge Luis Lavalle Maury, Campeche, The National Action Party, Mexico (Partido Acción Nacional, PAN)
- Hon. Jacqueline Khoury, Member of the Board, National Oil Company of Liberia
- Counselor Althea E. Sherman, Chief Operating Officer, National Oil Company of Liberia
- Jillian Lilico, Managing Director, Demeter Development
- Mostafa Ibrahim El Shazly, Attorney, Egyptian General Petroleum Company
- John Abraham, Principal, Abraham et al
- Edith Cecil, Vice President, Professional Exchange and Community Outreach, Institute of International Education
- Godwin Obiorah, Nigerian Content Advisor Projects Development, Nigeria Agip Oil Company
- Paulo Alonso, Advisor to the President, Petrobras
- Ewar Jalal, Local Content, Independent Consultant, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
- Counsellor Althea E. Buah, Minister for Petroleum, Ghana
- Natalie Curling, Group Manager, Localisation People Group, Worley Parsons
- Tunde Adelana, Leader, The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board
- Senator Jorge Luis Lavalle Murray, Campeche, The National Action Party Mexico (Partido Accion Nacional, PAN)
- Naa Lamle Orleans-Lindsay*, Ghana Investment Promotion Centre, Principal Legal Officer Public Service Commission Building, Ghana Ministries
- Dr Jesse Salah Ovadia, Lecturer in International Political Economy Director of the MA in Globalization, Poverty and Development School of Geography, Politics and Sociology, Newcastle University
- Taofik Adegbite, Chief Executive Officer, Marine Platforms
- Lahra Liberti, Senior Advisor on Natural Resources, OECD Development Centre
- John Crawford, Regional Director, Americas and Sub Saharan Africa, Oil & Gas, Trade Grou, UKTI
- Dayo Okusami, Senior Advisor on Natural Resources, Zircon Marine
- Rogeria Silva, Business Development Director, Lassarat
- Thila Chikwanda, Local Content Specialist, Africa Sustainable Investor (ASI)
- Kayode Ogunsola, General Manager Business Development and Investment, Met Office
Related Market Research on ASDReports