Mitigating the Effect of the Market on Capital Projects through Modular ImplementationOver these past few years we have watched the industry evolve and the use of modules increase throughout the O&G, Mining and other Heavy Industries. However, the industry is facing difficult conditions and we will do what we can to help!
For the 6th Anniversary Edition - we are aiming to go provide you with the market information you need in order to make some of the most crucial decisions with regards to your capital project plans for the foreseeable future. With the cost of a barrel hovering between $40 and $50, understanding the direction the market will take has never been more critical.
But the 2017 Summit won't just focus on market conditions! While preparing for new facilities now is imperative - ensuring the proper maintenance and potential increases in capacity can prove to be the difference between weathering the storm, and thriving within it!
Learn about topics such as:
- Module Structure Design for Efficient Project Execution - This training session will explore a few projects from the Owner perspective with a focus on the structure design aspects of the projects in question as well as methods and fabrication delivery, along with what Engineering teams need to provide to the fabricator for success
- Market Conditions: Perspective & Understanding - This session will offer you a 'lay of the land' from the perspective of an O&G market professional - offering you, and your team, actionable intelligence that you can apply when deciding how to approach your Capital Projects
- Building an Effective Work Package - Learn how to apply a Construction Work Package by including multi-discipline drawings and documents
- LNG Management & Economics: Shrouded Drivers of Modular LNG Construction - Explore the economic aspect, risk and direction needed to develop modules for an LNG Facility, by examining the issues that arise from the exploration, resource estimation & design/development phases
- Maintaining Capacity for Existing/Operating Facilities - While market conditions are down - that doesn't mean that work has ceased! There are maintenance of capacity projects moving forward throughout the industry!
VenueDelta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
209 Fourth Avenue SE
Calgary AB T2G 0C6
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown welcomes business and leisure travelers alike with an unbeatable location and a wealth of 4-star amenities. Boasting central downtown placement, our hotel allows for easy access to noteworthy business and cultural destinations; for added convenience, we're connected to the +15 Skyway network. Each of our well-decorated hotel rooms and suites boasts complimentary Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, a plush pillow top mattress and a mini-fridge. You'll love our hotel's wide range of 4-star perks, like a fully equipped fitness center, an indoor pool with a sun deck and locally sourced cuisine at our signature Elements Bistro. Select our hotel for your next business meeting or social event to make use of over 10,000 square feet of contemporary venue space and top-quality planning and catering services. In addition, our central location places you near TELUS Convention Centre, the Calgary Zoo and more. Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown is committed to providing you with an exceptional experience.
The special room rate of $149 CAD has been established to make your reservation process easy. Simply call 1-800-268-1133 and give the group name Modular Construction & Prefabrication no later than March 6, 2017. In addition the special rate has been extended to three days before and after the conference.
Please note: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.Main Conference Day One - Monday, March 27, 2017
- Including: Morning Coffee Break, Networking Luncheon, Afternoon Refreshments Break
- Including: Morning Coffee Break, Networking Luncheon
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Meet the Speakers
- Didier Lhuillier, Chief Executive Officer, ENGIE Fabricom Inc.
- Mark Cormier, Business Development Executive, Opportunities New Brunswick
- Bill Dempster, Fire Protection Market Manager - North America, International, an AkzoNobel Company
- Kim Durdle, Director of the Transportation Engineering Branch, Alberta Transportation
- Saeid Ghorban, Module Quality Assurance, Darya
- Ben Hogervorst, President & CEO, BriteSpan Building Systems
- Mike Hussey, Regional Director for North America, Sarens Group
- Steven Keays, President, NAIAD Ltd.
- Anirudh Kumar, Construction Engineer & Project Manager, Swift Resources
- Michael LeBlanc, Business Development, Canam Group
- Warren R. Long, Principal, Milkish Oaks Inc. an ONB Consultant
- Andy Mukherjee, Modularization Specialist, MUE International Inc.
- George Poumbouras, Commercial Development Manager, Canam Group
- Kate Rich, Executive Director of Air and Climate Change, Alberta Environment & Sustainable Development
- Paul Tsounis, Director, Resource Economics, Alberta Energy
- Amit Varma, Founder, True Site View
- Carmen Velasquez, Executive Director, Energy Programs, University of Alberta
- Jef Verdickt, Division Manager - Modularisation Expert, ENGIE Fabricom
- Mitch Voican, President, VMI Western Ltd.