TOPIC AREAS TO INCLUDE:
- Understanding the near term combat environment and threats the Warfighter is facing
- Advanced materials and fabrics to aide in clothing efficiency : heat/cold weather, wicking, waterproofing
- Augmented reality technology and tactical operations
- Wearable robotics and advancements in human- machine integration
- Next-gen research in personal protective equipment / exoskeletons : malleable fabric exosuits, and 'liquid armour' and buoyant body armor
- Energy and Power for the dismounted Soldier: energy harvesting capabilities, improved battery power (supplying, harnessing and generating power)
- Research in technologies for Warfighter Performance Enhancements
- Integrating biometric sensors and monitoring physiological data : Overcoming challenges with collecting, analyzing and disseminating data in an austere environment
- Biomimetic applications: new technologies inspired by biological solutions at macro and nanoscales for the dismounted Warfighter
- Improving digital integration on the dismounted Warfighter
- Defensive and offensive EW capabilities for the dismounted Warfighter
WHY ATTEND:Our Future Warfighter Symposium is a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, Military Services, Federal Agencies, Industry and Academia to convene in one location. Our "Town Hall" format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue among all in attendance.The forum is off the record and non attribution.
We will discuss both near term and at 'leap ahead' technologies and cover the most current and predicted capability gaps facing the Warfighter. We strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
We limit our attendance size in order to allow everyone a chance to actively participate in the discussions and to mix and mingle with each other easily over the two days we are together.
We encourage you to explore our site more, give us a call if you have any questions, and we hope to welcome you in April!
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing intelligence officers and analysts.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N. Fairfax St.
SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
(Two walking blocks from the Mary M. Gates Learning Center.)
Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate at ($189 per night) Please identify that you are with Defense Strategies Institute to receive your discount or use the following links:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/rates/rate.html?propertyID=90&rp=SN:428957,,,&language=en_US&IM=SALP_BOOK_90_SETDSI_SI_NADThe agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Several Confirmed speakers
- BG Brian Mennes, USA, Director, Joint and Integration, G-8, HQDA
- Mr. Douglas Tamilio, SES, Director, U.S. Army Natick Soldier, Research, Development and Engineering Center
- COL Ed Barker, USA, PM Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier
- Dr. John Pazik, SES, Department Head, Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare and Combating Terrorism Department, ONR
- COL James Miller, USA, Director Joint Acquisition Task Force (JATF) TALOS, USSOCOM
- Col Brian L. Magnuson, USMC, Director, Expeditionary Energy Office, HQMC
- Dr. Rajesh Naik, SES, Chief Scientist, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force Research Laboratory
- Dr. Mike LaFiandra, Chief Scientist (A), Human Research and Engineering Directorate, ARL
- COL Richard Malish, USA, Commander, U.S. Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory
- Dr. Mark Livingston, Head of Virtual Environments and Visualization, NRL
- Mr.Cory Goetz, Power and Energy Directorate, CP&ID, CERDEC
- Mr. David B. Law, Technology Division Chief & Chief Scientist, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
Related Market Research on ASDReports