The two day event will give you an insight to the industry's latest policy evaluations and, while focusing largely on Hydropower production & development in Europe, will also concentrate on updates and future forecasts on future environmental trends and its impact on both, regulatory objectives and Hydropower operations. By highlighting the sector's current major challenges and opportunities the conference will provide a holistic outlook on market trends and drivers.
Join Hydropower Development 2017 to hear in depth insights into the latest policy & legislation regulations, key market applications and overviews, the place of hydropower within larger context of the renewable energy arena & its relationship with the climate change dynamics, followed by newest technology advancements.
The 2 Day event will start with an extensive analysis and interactive discussion focusing on current & future European policy objectives, particularly the Water Framework Directive, EU Emissions Trading Scheme and the future of European Targets post 2020.
The event will provide an in depth outlook into the key European markets, focusing largely on environmental objectives, hydropower operations, machinery maintenance and new built projects, production flexibility & technology innovations. The participants will have a chance to take an active part in our interactive panel & open discussions to share their knowledge, experience and uncertainties. While providing a holistic outlook into the future of hydropower development in Europe, the event will focus on specific operational, technological & maintenance solutions which will allow hydropower industry to stay competitive in the renewable energy mix.
- Hydropower Industry in The European Policy Context - An In Depth Outlook On Current And Future Regulatory Objectives
- Implementations of Water Framework Directive (WFD) and its applications for the Hydropower Industry
- Discussing The Future of Hydropower Operations In Practice: Applying The European Regulatory Requirements
- European Hydropower Markets: Extensive Analysis Of Current & Future Market Condition
- Hydropower Development In The Climate Change & Environmental Context
- Competitiveness Of Hydropower In The Renewable Energy Mix
- Key Challenges & Opportunities In Small Hydropower Development In Europe
- Hydropower Development Strategy: Performance Optimisation And Maintenance Practices
- Aiming For Greater Flexibility In Hydropower Operations
- On Site Health & Safety Procedures: Are We Heading Towards New Solutions?
- The Way Forward - Technology Innovations In Hydropower Industry
EXCLUSIVE SITE VISIT:
During the afternoon of Tuesday 12th of September 2017, a limited number of conference attendees will receive a unique opportunity to visit RWE & SEO's Vianden Pumped Storage Plant.
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and allocated on a first come-first served basis. Please register your attendance when booking for the conference.
Who Should Attend:
- senior executives from leading hydro power companies
- business development managers
- sales managers
- policy directors
- heads of environmental strategy
- heads of markets
- geotechnical engineers
- machinery suppliers
- consultants & hydropower market analysts
- operations managers
- technology development managers
VenueVenue to be confirmed
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Early Confirmed Speakers 2017:
- Chairman: Emmanuel Soetaert, President, Statkraft - France
- Paul Hansson, Head of Market Analysis, Trading & Industrial Intelligence, Fortum Hydro
- Dr Bjarne Borresen, Renewable Energy/ Section Leader Mechanical Engineering, Multiconsult
- Luis Quiroga, Director & Head of Investment Strategy, HG Capital
- Peter Baum, Analyst on Climate Adaptation, EBRD
- Peter Matt, Head of Engineering Services, Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
- Jonathan Bonadio, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Otto Pirker, Senior Advisor, Verbung AG
- Mike McWilliams, Head of Hydro, Mott MacDonald
Related Market Research on ASDReports