Following the announcement of the BWM Convention ratifying, retrofits for non-environmental vessels can no longer be avoided due to the IMO regulation that falls becomes fully effective on the 8th September, 2017. It's estimated that $50 billion will be spent over the next five years on retrofits to vessel owners.
Due to time implications and various regulation changes many questions are left to be answered. How will type approval effect the deadlines for compliance? What current options are available for the ship-owners? How are suppliers going to guarantee the systems meet requirements for both regulatory bodies?
Our 19th Ballast Water Management Summit
will provide essential, expert guidance to shipowner/operators on how to prepare for and manage the BWT Systems in terms of selection, installation and technical operations, as well as advice on compliance, PSC and regulation once the convention is in place. The conference will also address Type Approval and system excellences for the BWT System Manufacturers.
- Keeping with IMO Compliance & Integration with USCG Regulations
- Test Approved BWM Systems Solutions for Vessels
- Market Forecast & Challenges to Overcome
- Vessel Retrofits & Understanding BWTS Once Installed
- Ship-owner Strategies & Implementation Plans
- Port State Inspections, Testing's & Compliance Measures
- Successfully Controlling Installation
- Maintenance & Lifecycle Management of BWM Systems
- Financing Options for Vessel Owners
- Crew Training Methods to Ensure Complete Competence
- Peter Lundahl Rasmussen, Head Of Maritime Information, BIMCO
- Lieven Van Eetvelde, Technical Manager Dry Bulk, CMB Group (Bocimar)
- Piet Luijk, Harbour Master’s Division, Policy Advisor, Port Of Amsterdam
- Kate Kelley, Director Of Compliance, Vessel Services, Witt|O’Brien’s
- Henrik Bachér, SVP Marine & Offshore, Elomatic
- Wolfgang Hintzsche, Marine Director, German Shipowners Association
- Sahan Abeysekara, Lead Specialist, Engineering Systems, Lloyd’s Register EMEA
- Duncan Howard, Divisional Claims Director, UK And Americas, Standard Club Europe
- Jad Mouawad, CEO, Mouawad Consulting
- Fulko Roos, Managing Director, UniBallast
- Cees Van Slooten, CUC-IL Coordinator, Control Union Certifications B.V.
- Sergiy Yakovenko, Director, Albion Marine Solutions
- Fredrick Royan, Vice President, Global Environment, Frost & Sullivan
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Will Attend?
Our meetings are strictly end-user focussed. The programme is co-ordinated with the Ballast Water Experts and Ship Owners in mind.
Delegates will include Senior Level Decision makers drawn from the Ship Owners, Ship Managers, Ballast Water Management System Manufacturers, Classification Societies, Ballast Water Regulators, Port State Control Authorities, Testing Facilities and others.
VenueVenue to be confirmed