The European Environmental Ports Conference 2018
will take place on 16-17th May 2018. The event will bring together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers.
Given the increasing focus on environmental regulations from the IMO and policy makers in the maritime sector, there is a growing responsibility and requirement of ports to reduce their environmental impact; it is an important time to share best practices and explore new technologies and methodologies in order to advance daily operations of a port with minimal ecological consequences.
The two-day event features informative presentations on the very latest challenges, solutions and developments in reducing emissions, pollution and energy consumption, as well as engaging discussion around the exciting potential of co-operation and symbiosis.
Key Topics Include:
- Maintaining Compliance and Keeping up with Environmental Legislation
- Tackling the Issue of Air Quality and Working Towards a Genuine Solution
- Onshore Power Supply: A Potential Solution to Pollution
- Improving Relationships with the Local Area
- Key Practices in Removing Waste from Ports
- Cruise Liner's Perspective: How the Cruise Industry is Improving Environmentally
- Water Quality in Ports
- Alternative Approaches and Ideas to Make Ports Greener
- Environmental Strategies and Implementations Across all Sectors to Improve the Environment in Ports
- Brian Simpson OBE, European Co-coordinator, Motorways of the Sea, European Commission
- Anna Bobo Remijn, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Raúl Cascajo, Head of Environmental Policies, Port of Valencia
- Jordi Vila, Head of Environmental Affairs, Port of Barcelona
- Liz Fagg, Environment Manager, Port of Dover
- Alessandro Bertorello, Director, Environmental, Carnival Maritime GmbH
- Stefania Lallai, Sustainability and External Relations Director, Costa Crociere Spa
- Eric de Deckere, Technical Manager- Environment, Port of Antwerp
- Ashley Woods, Lead Environmental Advisor, APM Terminals
- Anika Beiersdorf, Environmental Specialist, Hamburg Port Authority
- Wim Stubbe, Business Development Manager, Port of Oostende
- Poul Woodall, Director, Environment & Sustainability, DFDS A/S
- Rosa Mari Darbra, Associate Professor, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Julio de la Cueva, Studies at Cabinet, National Ports Agency (OPPE)
- Bogdan Ołdakowski, Secretary General, Baltic Ports Organization
- Sotiris Raptis, Senior Advisor For Environment And Safety, Coordinator Of EcoPorts, ESPO
- Conor Feighan, Policy Advisor, FEPORT– Federation of European Private Port Operators and Terminals
- TBA, Port of Livorno
- Federico Carotenuto, Research Fellow, Institute Of Bio-meteorology,
- Michael Hindmarsh, Global Marketing Manager, AkzoNobel
- Ingemar Gustavsson, Business Unit Manager, ACTEMIUM
- Kai Sievers, CEO, ENDEGS Mobile VOC Combustion
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Will Attend?
- Port Authorities
- Terminal Operators
- Shipping Companies
- Policy Makers
- Tech providers
VenueRamada Plaza Antwerp
Antwerp, 2018 Belgium
Phone: +32 3 244 82 11