After an exciting & successful edition in Reykjavik last year, our 11th Carbon Dioxide Utilisation Summit
is now heading to Manchester, UK on the 26th & 27th September 2018.
During this 6th European edition (11th of the global series), the conference will explore innovation developments and projects regarding CO2 utilisation in Europe, primarily.
After examining global industry matters, such as sustainability, policy & regulation, the role of CO2 reuse in the circular economy and LCA & techno-economic analysis methodologies; the conference will delve deeper into CO2 conversion methods, as well as actual applications/end-products from CO2.
The two days event will offer a series of case studies & interactive panel discussions, whilst allowing great opportunities for all the participants to network and create/solidify great business relationships.
Have a look at the detailed agenda to get further details on this year's topics & speakers.
- Sustainability & Circular Economy of CO2 Utilisation
- Examining Policy & Regulation framing the Industry
- LCA & Techno-Economic Analysis Framework and Global System Assessment
- Innovative Electrolysis Developments
- Exploring Bio Conversion Techniques
- Using CO2 as a Chemicals Feedstock
- The Value of CO2 in Materials Production
- Tackling CO2 Mineralisation
- CO2 to Fuels: Best Practices
Exclusive Site Visit
Econic Technologies Plant - Tuesday 25th September 2018
Clean-tech pioneer Econic Technologies' new customer demonstration plant located at The Heath, Runcorn, UK is designed to show how its innovative catalyst technologies enable polyol manufactures to incorporate CO2 as a feedstock for more sustainable polyurethanes thus reducing the reliance on fossil fuels and utilising lower-cost greenhouse gas as an alternative. The facility comprises all elements of the unique, low pressure production process in a dedicated unit, which produces CO2-based polyol samples for in-house and customer application studies. Part funded by a European Union H2020 SME award, the plant has been engineered to scale current technologies and is adaptable for future step-out innovations from the company's creative catalyst development team.
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. Please notify your interest for the site visit when booking for the conference.
Please note that, due to compliance reasons, attendance is subject to approval from Econic.
Who Will Attend?
- Energy companies investing in R&D
- Oil, gas and chemical companies with Alternative energy departments
- Governments looking for investable R&D in the energy sector
- Biofuel companies
- Power to gas/liquids fuels
- Industrial Chemical sector
- Start-up technology companies
- Chemical product manufacturers
- Fuel & Biofuel technology companies
- Perhaps the venture capital firms
- Clean energy technology companies
- Oil and gas services companies
- Gases and engineering companies
- Petrochemical consulting companies
Early Confirmed Speakers
- Damien Dallemagne, Secretary General, CO2 Value Europe
- Charlotte Morgan, Partner at Linklaters, Chair of the CCUS Cost Challenge Taskforce appointed by HM Government
- Stefanie Kesting, President, CO2 Value Europe
- Sophie Wilmet, Innovation Manager, Cefic - European Chemical Industry Council
- David Bothe, Associate Director, Frontier Economics
- Keith Whiriskey, Policy Manager Climate Technologies, Bellona
- Dr. Helge Wessel, Policy Officer - DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Paul Zakkour, Director, Carbon Counts
- Katy Armstrong, Researcher, The University of Sheffield
- Karl Hauptmeier, Product Manager, e-Syngas & e-Fuels, Sunfire
- Juha Lehtonen, Research Professor, VTT Research Centre of Finland
- Louis Fradette, Director, CO2 Solutions
- Claude Letourneau, President & CEO, Inventys
- Gioia Usai, Process Lead Engineer, Saipem
- Annika Stute, Project Lead - new C1 Building Blocks, Covestro
- Andy Roeloffzen, Project Manager, Twence
- Richard French, Business Development Director, Econic Technologies
- Dirk Van Mechelen, R&D Manager, Orbix
- Pawel Kisielewski, CEO, CCm Technologie
- Peter Gunning, Technical & Quality Manager, Carbon8 Aggregates
- Kai Hortmann, Research Division Manager for Refining & Petrochemicals Catalysts, Total
- Gunnar Holen, CEO, Nordic Blue Crude
- Yunxia Yang, Research Scitentist, CSIRO Energy
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.