Leveraging Inter-Agency Cooperation and Smart Technology to Achieve Maritime Domain Awareness
While maritime security and coastal surveillance
priorities may differ between the nations, regional priorities remain largely the same for Southeast Asia. Growing tensions in the South China Sea and a rise in non-traditional maritime security threats - non-state insurgencies, maritime terrorism, transnational crimes, illegal fishing, smuggling, humanitarian and disaster relief, crisis management and first response operations continue to be key challenges faced by the region.
The 15th Maritime Security and Coastal Surveillance conference
will bring senior commanders and officers from Navies, Coast Guards, Air Forces, Marine Police, Government Agencies and technology players together to discuss how the APAC region can address these ever-evolving maritime security threats through increased cooperation and smart technology.
Hear regional and international case studies on how to foster closer regional cooperation, harness smart and advanced technology (i.e. Artificial intelligence in Defence) and build next generation maritime security capabilities to combat existing and new maritime security threats.
Key Topics for 2018 Include:
- Reviewing Market Intelligence Report on Global Procurement Trends and Challenges
- Integrating Sea, Air And Land Assets and Systems To Build A Coherent Maritime Border Security Management Strategy
- Exploring Key Tactical and Operational Strategies to Lead a Successful Intra-Agency Missions
- Embracing AI Embedded Naval Systems for Maritime Defence
- Analysing the Future of Naval and Aerial Surveillance for Maritime Operations
- Utilising Smart Technology to Combat Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing
"A well organized annual event addressing maritime security not to miss by navies, coastguards and maritime law enforcement agencies not only in Asia but around the world"
Commanding Officer, Royal Brunei Marine Police
"The Conference provided an opportunity to link the needs of Maritime Security Agencies in Asia with the relevant industrial technology"
Chief, Territorial Defense Division, ODCS for Operations, J3, GHQ Armed Forces of the Philippines
"This two-day event is very helpful for the different countries involved as it opens opportunities and creates the need to better understand and cooperate in the regional effort to combat terrorism, piracy, human trafficking and other security threats"
Administrative Assistant OPhilDAFA, Singapore Philippine Embassy
VIP Speakers and Guests
- Rear Admiral Peter Laver, Commander, Maritime Border Command, Australian Border Force
- Dr. David Kershaw, Chief Maritime Division, Defence, Science & Technology Group, DoD, Australia
- Vice Admiral Paradon Puangkeaw, Director General, Naval Operations Department, Royal Thai Navy
- Lt. General Dato Sri' Hj Abdul Mutalib bin Datuk Hj Ab Wahab, Air Operations Commander, Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Air Vice Marshal Tamsil, Commander of Operational Command 3, Indonesian Air Force
- Rear Admiral Joey Tynch, Commander, WESTLOG, DESRON 7, US Navy
- Brigadier General Dato' Muhamad Norazlan bin Aris, Assistant Chief of Staff, Planning and Development, Royal Malaysian Air Force
- First Admiral Ahmad Shafirudin bin Abu Bakar, Assistant Chief of Staff, Planning and Development, Royal Malaysian Navy
- Superintendent Police (Supt) Dimin bin Awang, Deputy Region 1 MPF Commander, Royal Malaysian Marine Police
- Assistant Commissioner Police (ACP) Paul Khiu Khon Chiang, Region 2 MPF Commander, Royal Malaysian Marine Police
- Superintendent Police (Supt) Shamsol bin Kassim, General Policing Superintendent, MPF HQ, Royal Malaysian Marine Police
- Captain Allan Victor T Dela Vega, Deputy Chief of Coast Guard Staff for Operations (CG-3), Philippine Coast Guard
- Captain Fedelyn A Santos, Commander, Legal and Legislative Affairs, Philippine Coast Guard
- Captain Pulendren Paramasivam, Maritime Director, Joint Force Command, Royal Malaysian Navy
- First Admiral Judijanto, Head of Naval Operations, East Kalimantan Region, Indonesian Navy
- Air Vice Marshal Fajar Prasetyo, Commander Operational Command 2, Indonesian Air Force
- Air First Marshal Tribowo, Commanding Officer, Jayapura Air Force Base, Indonesian Air Force
- Colonel Dedazy Gahazy, Commanding Officer, C170 Squadron, Indonesian Air Force
- Ridzwan Rahmat, Senior Defence Analyst, IHS Janes
- Colonel Teofilo R Bailon Jr, Wing Commander, 300th Air Intelligence and Security Wing, Philippine Air Force
- LTC Glen Mark R Cabalquinto, Director for International Logistics Management, OA-4, Philippine Air Force
- Admiral Maritime Dato' Sri Zukifili bin Abu Bakar, Director General, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
- Captain Dulyawat Chaowadee, Director, Policy and Strategy Division, Office of Policy and Plan, Naval Operations Department (NOD), Royal Thai Navy
Conference Day One
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018Conference Day Two
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018
VenueSofitel Singapore City Centre
9 Wallich Street
Phone: +65 6428 5000
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies.