Leveraging Asia to Unlock Further Value & Growth for your Global Shared Services Strategy
Businesses are growing exponentially in Asia - and are expected to grow even further. Traditionally seen as cost-cutting centres, the pendulum has now swung and growth opportunities for Asian Shared Services
Organisations (SSOs) are endless. Rather than being a spoke in the overall SSO strategy, Asia is becoming the main hub for MNCs and global operations.
How can SSOs leverage Asia as the cornerstone for sustained regional and global growth?
Back in its 21st edition, the regional Asian Shared Services & Outsourcing Week
will challenge traditional service delivery models and explore best practices in advancing Shared Services growth through implementing and integrating a digital workforce, actualising the full potential of disruptive technology and embracing customer-centric services and culture to achieve greater synergies between business units and SSOs.
Join us at Asia's #1 place to be when it comes to everything Shared Services.
What's New In 2018?
Bringing the focus back to the essence of Shared Services and Outsourcing
, the 21st Asian Shared Services & Outsourcing Week
will shine a limelight on 4 critical issues:
- Challenging Traditional Delivery Models to Achieve Holistic SSO Growth through Leadership and Agility
The Shared Services scene we know 10 years ago has changed drastically, and will continue evolving even as we speak. What changes lie ahead of us as an industry and more importantly, how do we stay ahead of the game? Hear how some SSOs are breaking barriers and challenging traditions by gearing away from standard models - and more importantly, find out if this works for your own SSO!
- Implementing and Integrating a Digital Workforce in your Organisation
Take what you know about the Shared Services workforce and throw it away - because in this digital workplace, everything is now different. From recruiting the right talent with the necessary capabilities and skillsets, up-skilling and re-skilling your workforce and nurturing next-generation leaders, to navigating the challenges involved in integrating ''Bots and Brains'' in your processes; leaders are now well aware that these go beyond just the scope of HR. Embrace the changing workforce landscape and learn what are some innovative ways SSOs are implementing to future-proof their SSO workforce - there will be something for everyone!
- Actualising the Full Potential of Disruptive Technology for Long-Term Scalable Growth
In the era of digitalisation, organisations are increasingly turning to automation and technology; and the Shared Services industry is no different. The time has come for Asia's Shared Services sector to leverage disruptive technology like RPA, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence and more to obtain greater efficiency, increased productivity and reduced costs. Find out how leading SSOs have done so, and learn how you can do the same.
- Embracing Customer-Centric Services and Culture to Achieve Greater Synergies between Business Units and SSOs
The concept of ''value-added'' services and processes is not new - but in 2018, we are witnessing the emergence of different activities that add meaningful, commercial value for businesses. Alongside data, analytics and continuous improvement, new areas of focus include customer-centricity and process excellence amongst others. Don't miss out brand new case studies of what SSOs are doing - better, smarter and faster!
2018 HOT THEMES
- Creating Synergies Between Main Business Units And Shared Services Organisations
- Re-Engineering Service Delivery, Breaking Barriers And Challenging Traditions
- Building Your Next-Generation Digital Workforce For Shared Services
- Harnessing Disruptive Technology For Long-Term Shared Services Growth
- Capitalising On Growth Opportunities Through Value-Added Processes
''SSOW is a flagship industry event with top C-suite professionals from all over the world. This is the one event on my calendar that I look forward to every year for consistent thought leadership on the evolution of Shared Services & GBS.''
Business Manager, ANZ
''This event gives useful insights for Shared Services organizations in leveraging their maturity and value-added roles within the business''
Assistant Manager of Sales Processing, PERTAMINA
''It was enlightening to see the latest in the industry in terms of Robotic Process Automation. This is useful when we consider migrating the monotonous processes into ''robots'' for better predictability and ease of control.''
Head of Shared Services, Wilhelmsen Ships Service
Meet the Speakers
International GBS Leaders
- AJ Wijesinghe, Chief Global Business Services Officer, JLL
- Rodney Bergman, SVP Global Business Services, Celestica
- Sumit Mitra, Chief Executive Officer, TESCO Global Business Services
- Sudhir Dasamantharao, Chief Transformation Officer; Director, Global Business Services APAC, Boston Scientific
- Gavin Ifield, Director, Global Business Services, APAC, AECOM
- Kapil Maini, Head, Global Business Services, Nokia
- Mirko Dierks, Chief Financial Officer, Malaysia and Brunei, Zuellig Pharma
- Varthini Larue, Chief Financial Officer, South East Asia, Air Liquide
- Rajesh Shroff, Chief Financial Officer, Adani Group
- Alexander Joramsa, Chief Financial Officer, APAC and China, GE Grid Solutions
- Santosh Stephen, Chief Financial Officer - PTIS, A.P. Moller - Maersk
- Agnes Lim, Chief Financial Officer, Asia Pacific, JLL
- Kwok Foo Wong, Chief Financial Officer, ASEAN, India, S. Korea, Taiwan, Karcher South Asia
- Lucy Tan, Chief Human Resources Officer, NatSteel Holdings Pte Ltd
- Chee Sun Kwan, Chief Executive Officer, India, Standard Chartered Global Business Services
- Jorge Gilling, CEO, Global Business Services, AIG Malaysia
- Neeti Mahajan, Managing Director, Global Service Centre, Malaysia, HSBC
- Sharmini Krishnan, Managing Director, Lufthansa Services Philippines
- Francisco Cardenas, Managing Director, World Health Organisation Global Service Centre
Shared Services & Outsourcing Industry Leaders
- King Lee, General Manager, Global Operations Asia Pacific, GE
- Rajeev Mall, Leader, Business Services Organisation, Coca-Cola Bottlers Japan
- Sherry Chen, Head of Global HR Shared Services Centre, Alibaba
- Vikas Bajaj, Vice President, Global Shared Services, Schneider Electric
- Jose Marie Pabiton, Chief Financial Officer and Head of Finance Delivery Centre Manila, ANZ
- Dr Maanuv Bharadwaj, Head, Business Services Delivery Hub (Asia, China, JaPac), Sanofi
- Naveen Gullapalli, Head, Strategy and Operations, Global Business Services Centres, Novartis
- Nancy Cassiere, Head, Business Service Centre KL, GSK
- Rachael Straiton, Head, Data Management and Governance, DATAFIRST Program, DBS Bank
- David Cotter, Director & Site Lead, Global Business Solutions, Eli Lilly
- Avinash Sankhe, Director, Shared Services Center, Commodities, Industry and Facilities Division, Bureau Veritas
- Anil Bhavnani, Director, BPO and Digital Transformation, India Site Leader, Pfizer
- Peter Tow, Director, Project Management Office, Western Sydney University
- Anurag Nagar, APAC Talent Services Leader, LinkedIn
- Cheryl O'Brien, Head, Credit Management & Debt Recovery, Fletcher Building
- Jeffrey Capulong, Head, Finance Shared Services, Coca-Cola Bottlers Business Services Philippines
- Alexander Gasmena, Director, Global Shared Services, Pearson
- Monday, 12 November 2018Conference Day 1
- Tuesday, 13 November 2018Conference Day 2
- Wednesday, 14 November 2018Post Conference Workshop & Site Tours
- Thursday, 15 November 2018
VenueSands Expo and Convention Centre
Marina Bay Sands
SSON has made arrangements with the official hotel for corporate rate specially for our delegates. The number of rooms allocated is limited and availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.