What is Experience Design?Experience design
(XD) is a discipline that develops holistic experiences inclusive of all users across all aspects of service, product or event. It provides a way for organizations to design a valuable user experience.
Why should you attend?
- Glean experience design best practices from industry practitioners.
- Experience different components of the experience design process firsthand through interactive workshops.
- Cross industry perspectives, with speakers and participants representing financial services, technology, retail, healthcare, hospitality and more.
- Leverage networking opportunities with the experience design community.
- Cindy Chastain, SVP, Customer Experience & Design, MasterCard
- Monica Tisminesky, Design Leader, Restaurant Design Innovation, Chick-fil-A Corporate
- Pamela Walshe, VP, Experience Strategist, Wells Fargo
- Robin Beers PhD, SVP, Customer Insights & Experience Design, Wells Fargo
- Neil Shah, Head of Design, Verizon Fios
- Albert Whitley, Director of Experience Design and Voice of Customer, The Hartford
- Shawn Nason, CEO & Chief Ecosystem Disruptor, Nason Group
- Bianka McGovern, VP, User Experience, Goldman Sachs
- Brian Roderman, President, Chief Innovation Officer, IN2 Innovation
- Margot Dear, Sr. Director of UX, Compliance Solutions, ADP
- Laura Hahn, Head of Design, Priceline.com
- Jen Briselli, VP, Experience Strategy & Service Design, Mad*Pow
- Rob Huddleston, Sr. Director of UX, Design, Snag Work
- Ryan Johnson, Sr. Manager, UX Design, The Home Depot
- Paul Sheetz, Director of Experience Design, Optum
- Koji Pereira, Sr. UX Lead, Google
- Jose Mateo, Design Thinking and Strategy Formulation Senior Internal Consultant, Verizon Wireless
- Maryanne Lee, Design Strategy Manager, LegalZoom
- Lauren Galos, Design Research Lead, LegalZoom
- Daniel Ruszkiewicz, Director of Value Management, LegalZoom
- Lily Bather, Interaction Designer, 7-Eleven
- Nate Lynch, Manager, UX Design, Gulfstream Aerospace
- Michael Harper, Chief of Radical Experiences, Nason Group
- Dawn Taketa Riordan, Director of Marketing, IDEO U
- David Schell, VP, Global Experience and Design, Pearson
- Meghan Borsic, Head of UX Research and Design - Consumer Electronics, Amazon
- Scott Furlong, Partner, ISG
- Coe Leta Stafford, Managing Director, IDEO U
- Ben Judy, Group Manager, User Experience, 7-Eleven
- Melissa Dalrymple, Design Partner, McKinsey Design
- Jeff Salazar, Design Partner, McKinsey Design
- Nic Holt PhD, Director of Innovation in Teaching and Technology, University of Georgia
- Thai Fernandes, Product Manager, Lunna App
SITE TOUR EXPERIENCE LEADERS
- Kelsie Faulds, Inworks Program Manager, Office of Innovation Initiatives, Inworks UC Denver
- Lauren Herbert, Director of External Programs, Inworks UC Denver
- Monday, February 25, 2019Conference Day One
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019Conference Day Two & Site Tour Experience
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019
VenueThe Oxford Hotel
1600 17th St
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303) 628-5400Accommodation
The Oxford Hotel is Denver's most historic hotels in downtown Denver. Located close to downtown landmarks including Union Station, Coors Field and Larimer Square, the convenient location puts guests near some of the best restaurants, bars, and attractions in the city. At The Oxford, you’ll enjoy a truly unique stay that mirrors the history of Denver. It is home to the only wood-burning fireplace in downtown Denver as well as a captivating collection of Colorado artwork. Take part in a piece of Denver history when you order a cocktail in the Cruise Room Martini Bar, the very first bar in Denver to open after the repeal of Prohibition in 1933.Booking LinkPlease note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.