operations are still taking place in Kosovo. We are pleased to be bringing our inaugural Demining Seminar
to Pristina to review the current situation and the plan for the next few years to finally make Kosovo a mine free.
Many IGOs and NGOs are working tirelessly to clear the minefields in the region and there is a key importance on international cooperation in making the world mine clear by 2025.
Technology in demining is also evolving with many new solutions being adopted to clear mines to help lower casualties. Solutions such as robotics and drones are now being used to assist with clearing mine sites especially in areas where it is difficult to detect mines.
Our Demining Seminar
will bring together leading officials who are working on mine clearance in Kosovo as well as across the Balkans. You will hear in-depth presentations and case studies from regional Mine Action Centres as well as other international organisations who are supporting local governments to clear the mine fields.
- Understand the issues faced in the region with live mine fields still present
- Review the plans to be mine free by 2025
- Discuss the new technologies used to assist with demining operations
- Analyse the importance of international cooperation in clearing mine fields
- Hear case studies of current demining operations in Kosovo and the region
- Network with leading officials
- Ahmet Sallova, Head, Mine Action Center, Kosovo
- Navid Nawin, Head of Operations, Demining Agency for Afghanistan (DAFA)
- Colonel Robert Csaszar, Director, NATO EOD Centre of Excellence
- Zdravko Modrusan, Director, Croatian Mine Action Centre (CROMAC)
- Gurkan Keskin, Director, Humanitarian Mine Action Association
Event ScheduleTuesday 11th June 2019
Wednesday 12th June 2019
- 08.30 - 16.40 Conference Day One
- 08.30 - 16.40 Exhibition Day One
- 08.30 - 16.40 Conference Day Two
- 08.30 - 16.40 Exhibition Day Two