Realising the full potential of Data
Commercial data analytics has revolutionised the operational strategy of the largest companies in the world. There are now numerous opportunities to adapt civilian technological solutions to meet the requirements of the defence sector.
Considering the amount, the variety, and the complexity of the data available today, obtaining reliable intelligence and storing it securely has become an essential challenge for every organisations involved with the defence industry.
The Big Data for Defence Summit
aims to address this challenge, by allowing military and civilian defence agencies, as well as the intelligence community from NATO nations, to gain an operational advantage by efficiently deploying the data that is available to them. Moreover, the conference will look to present how artificial intelligence and machine learning will modernise the defence field.
The Summit will bring together leaders and experts from military organisations, government intelligence services, and civilian defence agencies, combined with technical experts on data analytics, and specialists from the industry. A discussion with all these constituents will establish how the immense amount of unstructured data available today can be turned into actionable intelligence.
Why Should You Attend?
- Understand how to securely store and rapidly analyse data using the latest systems to generate actionable intelligence
- Identify partnership opportunities with both traditional and non-traditional defence industry entities offering key solutions for Big Data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Gain a fundamental understanding of Big Data, terminology in use, and it's application in defence
- Receive in-depth update of big data procurement programmes including the French ARTEMIS project and how AI and big data can combine to create military capability
- Major General (retd.) Andrew Sharpe, Director of the British Army's Centre for Analysis and Conflict Research Strategy and Security Institute
- Doctor David A Horner, Director of the Information Technology Laboratory, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center
- Lars Findsen, Director, Danish Defence Intelligence Service
- Brigadier General Jennifer Buckner, Head of Army Cyber Command, US Army
- Air Commodore Tim Neal-Hopes, Head Joint User C4ISR & Cyber, UK Ministry of Defence
- Colonel Jerome Lemaire, Digitization & Artificial Intelligence Master Plan Leader,Directorate General of Armaments
- Auke Venema, Principal Member, NATO Science & Technology Board, NATO
- Colonel Alex Porter, Assistant Head of Strategic Concepts, Directorate of Capability, British Army
- Doctor Chad Heitzenrater, CTC Lead for Cyber Science & Technology, Information Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory
- Mr Mario Blokken, Head Permanent Secretariat, European Land Force Interoperability Center (Finabel)
- Lieutenant Commander Jim Briscoe, Navy IW-AI Data Programme Manager, Royal Navy
- Ross Tsagalidis, Cyber Security Advisor & Consultant at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Swedish Armed Forces
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Borghoff, Director, German Center for Intelligence and Security Studies (CISS)
- Phil Blunden, Cyber Industry Communications Lead, UK Ministry of Defence
- Adrian Holt, Innovation Scout, jHub
- James Kuht, Innovation Scout, JHub
- Ralph Wilkins, Innovation Partner, Defence and Security Accelerator
- Dr Adam Zagorecki, Senior Research Fellow, Operational Analysis, Cranfield University
Pre-Conference Workshop Day
- Tuesday 25th June 2019Conference Day One
- Wednesday 26th June 2019
Conference Day Two
- Thursday 27th June 2019
VenueHilton London Olympia
380 Kensington High Street
London W14 8NL
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we have put together a HotelMap that displays discounted accommodation for hotels in the area near to Big Data for Defence 2019. The map displays live availability and allows you to book directly with each hotel: https://www.HotelMap.com/pro/MGJ4Y Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.