Realising the full potential of Data Big Data
has the potential to revolutionise the modern world, and advances in Artificial Intelligence, data acquisition and machine learning systems have fundamentally changed the way organisations operate across every sector. Having witnessed the vast capabilities of these systems in the civilian environment, defence organisations worldwide are now dedicating vast resources to developing a similar proficiency - turning to commercial experts for experience and guidance.
While it is clear that these systems will fundamentally change the way in which the world's militaries deploy and operate, how these systems will be developed remains unclear - leaving senior leaders across the globe faced by the same question: What does the military look like in the age of big data?
Our inaugural Big Data for Defence conference
, is tailored to answering this question. Combining the experiences of global research leaders, leading defence R&D institutions, senior commanders shaping the future of the armed forces and veterans of big data from the commercial sector, this conference will determine the future of big data and Artificial Intelligence in defence, and define your role in building the new shape of the world's Armed Forces.
Why Should You Attend?
- Achieve technical superiority by incorporating cutting edge technologies in data analytics and Artificial Intelligence, with proven success in the commercial sector
- Maximise the opportunity window from gathered intelligence by enhancing the speed and accuracy of data analysis, by exploiting new AI and machine learning capabilities
- Eliminate threat from data hacking by understanding how to securely store data and developing bespoke storage solutions alongside big data storage experts
- Optimise the data analysis process through engaging with data analytics experts with proven experience in the civilian sector, and understanding the current technical capabilities from these sectors
2018 Speakers Included
- Air Commodore Tim Neal-Hopes, Head Joint User C4ISR & Cyber, UK Ministry of Defence
- Air Vice-Marshal Bruce H. Hedley, Director Joint Warfare, UK Joint Forces Command
- Air Marshal Edward Stringer, Director General Joint Force Development & Director Defence Academy, UK MoD
- Dr Peter Lenk, Branch Chief Service Strategy and Innovation, NATO Communications and Information Agency
- Ted Maciuba, Deputy Director, Mounted Requirements, US Army Maneuver Center of Excellence
- Colonel Jerome Lemaire, Digitization & Artificial Intelligence Master Plan Leader, Directorate General of Armaments
- Jim Pennycook, Defence and Security Accelerator
- Major General (retd.) Andrew Sharpe, Director of the British Army's Centre for Analysis and Conflict Research, Strategy and Security Institute
- Mr Ross Tsagalidis, Cyber Security Advisor & Consultant at the Department of Computer and Syste, Swedish Armed Forces/Stockholm University
- Dr Adam Zagorecki, Senior Research Fellow, Operational Analysis, Cranfield University
- Nikos Sarris, Head of Innovation Lab ATC, Project PICASSO
- Dr. Georgios Kioumourtzis, Senior Researcher (Colonel rtd), Center for Risk and Decision Sciences (CERIDES), European University Cyprus
- Mr Mario Blokken, Head Permanent Secretariat, European Land Force Interoperability Center (Finabel)
- Phil Blunden, Cyber Industry Communications Lead, UK Ministry of Defence
- Mike Madden, Defence and Security Accelerator
- Mark Darvill, Defence and Security Accelerator
- Brigadier (ret.) Tim Carmichael, Former Chief Data Officer, British Army
- Phillippe Pham, VP - Head of Data Analytics & Applications, Airbus
VenueHilton London Olympia
380 Kensington High Street
London W14 8NL
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we have put together a HotelMap that displays discounted accommodation for hotels in the area near to Big Data for Defence 2019. The map displays live availability and allows you to book directly with each hotel: https://www.HotelMap.com/pro/MGJ4Y Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.