Coast Guard Capability 2019 provides a forum to help coast guards and related maritime organisations achieve mission success.
Modern coast guards are faced with increasingly varied and complex challenges covering a wide range of missions which demand specialist equipment and highly trained personnel. Often this requires working under extreme stress, strict time conditions using multi-function capabilities and platforms as effectively as possible.
Focusing on Interoperability, Search and Rescue, Border Security and Resource Protection this conference aims to improve inter-agency and international cooperation as well as provide an opportunity to meet with industry leaders providing the next generation of specialist equipment. Coast Guard Capability 2019
will feature whole day sessions that cater to both SAR and Law Enforcement specialists and includes an interactive workshop focusing on major incident response using the case study of a mass SAR operation or environmental disaster.
Join this forum to meet with international colleagues, discuss current challenges and develop well-defined future propriety areas, as well as share case-studies and take part in the critical discussion for maritime organisations.
Why you should attend Coast Guard Capability 2019:
- Understand new international efforts to establish standardised training and certification for coast guard personnel in order to help facilitate interoperability
- Share lessons on effectively inter-agency and international communication in order to enhance multi-agency and multi-national operations
- Learn how to successfully implement advanced technical solutions and operational concepts to monitor and protect your maritime borders
- Hear how coast guards are harnessing technology in order to maintain cost-effective maritime domain awareness and execute missions
- Benefit from Search and Rescue case-studies and lessons learned from challenging environments in order to benchmark capability how others maintain high levels of readiness
- Vice Admiral Achmad Taufiqoerrochman, Chief, Indonesian Maritime Security Agency - BAKAMLA
- Lieutenant General Afgan Naghiyev, Chief, Azerbaijan Coast Guard
- Captain Pedro Querido Santana, Commander, Cape Verde Coast Guard
- Commander Sarah Oakley, Commander, Fishery Protection Squadron, Royal Navy
- Brigadier General (Retd) Rigas Tsitas, Board Member, Hellenic Rescue Team
- Phillip Bostock, National Maritime Operations Commander, UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Vytautas Lukas, Deputy Head of Coast Guard and International Programmes Unit, European Fisheries Control Agency
- Toby Whale, Command Centre Senior Officer, Border Force Maritime Command, UK Border Force
- Rodrigo da Costa, Galileo Services Programme Manager, European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency
- Roly McKie, Head of Standards, UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Tuukka Hoijer, Coordinating Officer, Coast Guard and Law Enforcement Unit, FRONTEX
- Michael Coyle, Head of Compliance and Control, Marine Management Organisation
- Adam Erland, Training and Operations Advisor, Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary Maritimes
- Simon Ling, Maritime Standards and Performance Manager, Royal National Lifeboat Institute
- Professor Timothy Edmunds, Professor of International Security, University of Bristol
Air Commodore (Ret) Garrfield Porter, Defence Advisor, Royal Air Force
Conference Day One
- 25 June 2019
Conference Day Two - 26 June 2019
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we have put together a HotelMap that displays discounted accommodation for hotels in the area near to Coastguard Capability 2019. The map displays live availability and allows you to book directly with each hotel: https://www.HotelMap.com/pro/M38XK Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.