The 16th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit is a non-partisan educational and training Summit designed as a "Town Hall" full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA and Federal Government's efforts at facilitating an interoperable and modernized health IT ecosystem. The forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. This event will discuss acquisition and current technological advancements that are being implemented across the DoD, VA, and Federal Government to further enable health IT innovations.
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Summit:
- Leading VA EHR modernization implementation and deployment efforts to provide ease of care to Veterans
- Guiding DHA contracting activity in support of enhanced health services
- Leveraging new, innovative technologies to support current and future health IT initiatives
- Fostering a culture of collaboration to help utilize health IT innovations at the VHA
- Maintaining a medically ready Air Force
- Advancing innovative IT solutions & technologies in support of the VHA mission
- Enhancing the nation's health IT infrastructure through the supplying of critical information that is accessible at the point of need
- Monitoring the development, deployment, and sustainability of MHS Genesis to deliver modernized, high-quality health services
- Delivering a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready Joint Force
- Prioritizing VA OIT infrastructure modernization efforts to improve Veteran service
- Ensuring high quality health IT access for all clinical staff within Army medicine
*The summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD
Why You Should Attend this Summit
At our 16th Annual DoD/VA and Government HIT Summit
, we provide an educational 'Town-Hall' style forum where representatives from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, academia, and private industry can have the opportunity to detail their organization's efforts to facilitate a connected Federal health IT approach through innovative research on IT solutions, technology, and capabilities.
This Summit will detail the various initiatives being undertaken across the Federal Government, Military Services, and industry that are aiming to deliver an integrated, collaborative health care system that ensures force readiness, improves health outcomes and delivery of care to our nation's Veterans, and lowers the overall cost of providing high-quality healthcare. At the DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit
, you will have the opportunity to sit in on informative discussions and network with the senior leaders and relevant stakeholders in this space tasked with making their vision of an interoperable Health IT ecosystem a reality.
The 2019 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
attendees will be able to learn, share, and connect with our invited senior level speakers and delegates, as our event will provide a unique viewpoint into the current efforts to deliver a modernized healthcare system that enables actionable, precise decision-making and technological innovation, to include the opportunities and challenges associated with shaping the future of health & healthcare delivery for the MHS.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
This Year's Confirmed Speakers:
- Lt Gen Dorothy A. Hogg, USAF, Surgeon General, HQAF
- John Tenaglia, SES, Head of Contracting Activity (HCA), Defense Health Agency
- Dr. Alan R. Constantian, SES, Deputy Chief Information Officer, VHA Account Manager for Clinical Functions OI&T, VA
- Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, Executive Director, Technical Integration Office, OI&T, VA
- Dr. Andrew Gettinger, Chief Clinical Officer, The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Karen Brazell, SES, Principal Executive Director & Chief Acquisition Officer, OAL&C, VA
- Dr. Lauren Thompson, SES, Director, DoD/VA IPO
- COL Beverly Beavers, USA, Division Chief, Infrastructure & Operations Division, Defense Health Agency
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center/United Way
701 N. Fairfax St.
Alexandria, VAHotel Rooms:
SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314www.sheraton.com\suitesalexandria
(Two walking blocks from the Mary M. Gates Learning Center.)
Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate. Please identify that you are with Defense Strategies Institute to receive your discount or use the following link:Book your corporate rate for Defense Strategies Institute
(two walking blocks from the Mary M. Gates learning center)
* Please identify that you are with Defense Strategies Institute to receive your discount. Parking:
There is parking available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Enter at lobby level and request a day parking ticket.
(There is no parking at the Learning Center for delegates, and street parking is limited to 2 hours.)