Latest technologies and strategies for ensursing digital utility network security
According to recent analysis by KPMG, about half (49%) of power and utility CEOs surveyed say that becoming a victim of a cyber attack is now a case of 'when', and not 'if'. Despite this, only half (51%) say that their organizations are well-prepared to deal with a cyber attack. According to the US Department of Homeland Security's Industrial Control Systems Computer Emergency Response Team, 32% of reported cyber security incidents in fiscal year 2014 were related to the energy industry. In light of sustained cyber security threats from a range of sources, utilities must work to ensure their networks and critical control infrastructure are best positioned to deal with significant attack events, when they occur.
The Utility Cyber Security Forum 2019
is a one-day, in-depth information sharing program intended for cyber security utility executives, strategists and practitioners. Key technology advances, regulatory requirements, and success strategies for effectively dealing with cyber security threats will be examined through a series of presentations and panel discussions. Ample time is reserved for one-on-one discussions with industry thought leaders and executives who are at the forefront of utility cyber security advances.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Implementing digital security in a utility environment
- Adapting cybersecurity to OT environments
- Bridging the IT / OT divide
- Current state of national cybersecurity strategies and initiatives in the U.S.
- Dealing with advanced persistent threats that exploit flaws in industrial control systems
- Cyber security for operational technologies and smart systems
- What works, what doesn't, and what to put in place
- Next-gen technology advances for industrial control systems security
- The state of silicon-based cybersecurity functionalities for utilities
- Securing 'brownfield' devices
- Best practices in reducing human sources of vulnerability
- Security and Blockchain / distributed ledger technology
- And more
- One-on-One Networking: The forum offers a focused, executive-level environment in which to network with fellow utility security stakeholders, make new connections and share insights with colleagues
- Emphasis on Innovation and Latest Developments: The forum will examine and share the most recent technology advances and success strategies for meeting the evolving challenge of cyber security for utility networks.
- Objective & Authoritative: The agenda is driven by practitioners and innovators at U.S. utilities and cyber security companies -- learn directly from the experts on the front lines of network security.
- Utility Professionals Focus: The emphasis is on the real-world case studies, best practices, and lessons learned for individuals at investor-owned, municipal, and co-op utility organizations.
Who Should Attend?
- Utility executives and network security managers
- Cyber security and IT / OT professionals
- Software and hardware technology providers
- Planning and risk management analysts
- SCADA and industrial control system managers
- Cyber seccurity consultants and analysts
- Executives at energy management service providers
- Robin Berthier, Co-Founder and CEO, Network Perception
- Russ Rogers, Senior Consultant and Lead, Incident Response Team, Microsoft
- David Batz, Senior Director, Cyber & Infrastructure Security, Edison Electric Institute
- Harry Perper, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence at NIST
- John Heintz, Director, Enterprise IT Security, CPS Energy
- Jasvir Gil, CEO, AlertEnterprise
- Jim McNierney, Senior Security Program Architect, New York Independent System Operator (NYISO)
- April Morelock, Lead, Cyber Security Operations Team, Midcontinent Independent System Operators (MISO)
- Randy D. Bishop, General Manager, Guardtime Energy
- David Manz, PhD, Senior Cyber Security Scientist, National Security Directorate, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
VenueIQ Smart Center - First Allied Plaza
655 West Broadway
San Diego, CA