As a PR communicator within the life science industry, you have a lot on your plate, with (sometimes untrue) stories being shared around the clock. Instead of proactively working with the media to highlight the positive work your company does, you may feel like the bulk of your work is reactionary as you determine how to best respond to false claims, negative stories, and the industry's overall negative perception. You are charged with trying to position your organization in a positive light and must balance the urge to set the record straight with the risk of appearing like you're being defensive.
Built on a foundation of fourteen years of informative, relevant content and attended by communicators representing all segments of the healthcare ecosystem, the 15th PR & Communications Summit
is designed to provide you with in-depth, tactical presentations that present you with a road map to implementing similar programming at your organization and insights into some of the leading healthcare trends impacting the industry today and in the future. This unique format allows you to leave the conference with a game plan for when you return to the office and a forward-looking ideology that can help shape your long-term communications strategy.
Top Five Reasons to Attend
- Demonstrate value to the media and the general public to increase understanding of how drug prices are set
- Collaborate with other life science organizations to improve the industry's current reputation
- Join industry vets and up-and-comers to share best practices for reputation management
- Weigh the pros and cons of participating in a conversation that includes negative or incorrect information
- Participate in the industry's leading event that provides you with unparalleled networking opportunities, insights you can't get anywhere else, and access to vendors and solution providers who can help you develop and execute communications strategies that stand out for all the right reasons
Who Should Attend
Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Medical Device Public Relations Practitioners whose responsibilities include:
- Communications: Corporate/Brand/ Internal/External/Integrated/Multichannel
- Public/Media Relations
- Public/Government Affairs
- Public Policy
- Community/Advocacy Relations
This event is also of interest to agencies and other vendors that support those who work in public relations, public affairs, and communication roles at life sciences companies such as communications agencies, publications, and data analytics firms.
- Gaetan Akinrolabu, Associate Director, Social Media Publishing and Strategy, Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB
- Jenifer Antonacci, Director, U.S Public Affairs, INCYTE
- Amy Atwood, Head of Vaccine Communications, TAKEDA
- Jillian Breslin, Senior Producer, MULTIVU CREATIVE
- Christian Clymer, Vice President of Public Affairs, PHRMA
- Gail Cohen, Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, ACORDA THERAPEUTICS
- Bryan Cohen, Digital Platform Lead - Promotional Operations, Sales, and Marketing, Worldwide Innovation Fellow, PFIZER, INC.
- Gary Cohen, Executive Vice President, Global Health, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Co.) and President, BD FOUNDATION, BECTON DICKINSON
- Sarah Connors, Senior Director, Product Communications, AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS
- Geoffrey Curtis, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Chief Communications Officer, HORIZON PHARMA
- Monique DaSilva, Vice President, Corporate Communications, SPARK THERAPEUTICS
- Eloiza Domingo-Synder, Head of D&I, ASTELLAS PHARMACEUTICAL
- Rum Ekhtiar, Founder and Partner, RUM&CO (FORMERLY PER SE PARTNERS)
- Carrie Fernandez, Lead, US Communications, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB
- Gwen Fisher, Head of Portfolio Communications, SHIRE
- Deborah Fowler, Managing Partner, GREEN ROOM COMMUNICATIONS
- Anna Frable, Vice President, U.S. Communications, NOVO NORDISK
- Jayne C. Gershkowitz, Amicus Chief Patient Advocate, AMICUS THERAPEUTICS
- Madeline Gooding, Associate Director, Corporate Communications, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS
- Karen Hagens, Head of U.S. Pharma Communications, GSK
- Heather Hunter, Vice President, Communications, VENATORX PHARMACEUTICALS
- Julia Jackson, Practice Leader, US Public Relations and Marketing Communications, UNLIMITED GROUP
- Wendy Lund, CEO, GCI HEALTH
- Reni Mitchell, Divisional Vice President, MULTIVU
- Amanda Mitchell, Founder, OUR CORPORATE LIFE LLC
- Agatha Newman, Director, Medical and Development Communications, ASTELLAS PHARMA
- Sonali Patel, Lead Designer, MULTIVU CREATIVE
- Sara Pellegrino, Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications, AMICUS THERAPEUTICS
- Elizabeth Presson, Digital Media and Community Experience, OPTICON MEDICAL
- Stefanie Prodouz, Director, M&D Communications, ASTELLAS
- Erica Puntel, Associate Director, U.S. Communications - Digital, UCB Biosciences, UCB
- Allen Reha, Vice President, Program Management, AMICUS THERAPEUTICS
- Mary Richardson, Communications Leader, R&D Innovation, JOHNSON & JOHNSON MEDICAL DEVICES
- Tierney Saccavino, Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, ACORDA THERAPEUTICS
- Jennifer Saputo, Director of Communications, Culture and Patient Focus, ASTELLAS PHARMACEUTICALS
- Yolanda Smith, Director, External Relations Communications, ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
- Helen Tarleton, Lead, Internal Communications, UCB
- Karl Uhlendorf, Director, Communications and Advocacy, ASTELLAS PHARMA US, INC.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
VenueThe Marie Krogh Center
800 Scudders Mill Rd
Plainsboro , NJ 08536
We are pleased to bring the PR Summit to Novo Nordisk headquarters in Plainsboro, NJ. We would like to express our gratitude to Novo Nordisk for opening its doors and hosting this event in their conference facility.Hotel Accommodations
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
100 College Rd
Princeton, NJ 08540
To make reservations, guests can call 1-800-228-9290 or 609-452-7800 and request the group rate for ExL's PR Summit. To make reservations online Click Here
The group rate is available until July 1, 2019. Please book your room early, as rooms available at this rate are limited.