Welcome to the Airlift community's annual international meeting
Connecting military users, Multinational Organisations and NGOs, Military Airlift 2019
will assess the interconnected challenges faced and the solutions sought by the airlift community over the last year in relation to improving equipment, capability, procurement processes, strategy and tactics.
With an agenda designed to reflect the varied and global nature of airlift operations, dedicated sessions have been designed to discuss the decreasing capability of legacy fleets, changing procurement processes and the ever-increasing geographical scope for pooling and sharing assets, the development of plans to facilitate the use of multi-purpose and multi-mission equipment, and the training, tactics and procedures designed to prepare for operations in challenging environments.
Whilst these interdisciplinary conversations take place in an effort to deliver greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness for user groups, this event will also continue its rich history of delivering the latest operational feedback and performance analysis across the strategic, tactical and air-to-air refueling mission sets.
Key Themes Include:
- Equipment - Operational feedback: learning from mission case-studies on operational uses of adapted multi-purpose and multi-mission aircrafts.
- Capability - Addressing capability gaps affecting the airlift community on a global level, with Industry representatives posing solutions from existing and emerging platforms.
- Procurement processes - Completing the 'procurement triangle' between Military Users, NGOs and Industry to identify new and emerging forms of procurement cycles, with an increased focus on the pooling and sharing of assets.
- Strategy - Sharing concepts of operations and TTPs to ensure successful Strategic and Tactical Airlift missions.
- Air-to-Air Refueling - Analyzing newly developed Air-to-Air refueling technology and expanding the geographical scope for refueling operations in Europe.
- SES Leigh E. Method, Deputy Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Mobility Command
- Colonel Markus Bestgen, Deputy Commander, Multinational MRTT Unit Eindhoven
- Colonel Timothy West, Acting Director of the Aerospace Systems Directorate, US Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL/RQ)
- Colonel Scott Murphy, Director, Fleet Readiness and 1 Canadian Air Division Headquarters, Royal Canadian Air Force
- Colonel Martin T. Daack, Chief, Air Mobility Division 613th Air Operations Center, Pacific Air Forces, US Air Force
- Colonel Sebastien Munsch, Deputy Head, Policy and Support Division, European Air Transport Command (EATC)
- Colonel Malin Persson, 7th Air Base Wing Commander, Swedish Air Force
- Colonel Fernando Raimundo Martinez, Commander, European Tactical Airlift Centre (ETAC)
- Colonel Andrii Sidash, Deputy Commander of Airlift Brigade, Ukrainian Air Force
- Wing Commander William Essex, Airborne Operations, Royal Air Force
- Wing Commander Christophe Piubeni, Chief General Studies, Capability Development, French Air Force HQ
- Mr. Franck Verdierre, Division Chief, Transport and Warehousing, NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA)
- Mr. Greg Pece, Aviation Transportation Service, United Nations
- Lieutenant Colonel Jakob Valstad, Chief of Operations, Movement Coordination Center Europe (MCCE)
- Lieutenant Colonel Harald Struzyna, Head of Department, Strategic Air Transport, Bundeswehr Logistics Centre
- Mr. Joscha Kremers, Procurement Division, United Nations
- Mr. Philippe Martou, Chief of Aviation, World Food Programme
2019 Conference Chairman
- Major General (Retd.) Dimitrios Petridis, Former Programme Manager of the Aviation Support Programme Office, NSPA
: 24th-25th September 2019Post-Conference Workshop
: 26th September 2019
VenueHilton London Kensington
179-199 Holland Park Ave London W11 4UL
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we have put together a HotelMap that displays discounted accommodation for hotels in the area near to Military Airlift 2018. The map displays live availability and allows you to book directly with each hotel: https://www.HotelMap.com/pro/MANPK Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the HotelMap link provided; this shows live availability and rates for all hotels in the area and allows you to book directly with the hotel of your choice within your budget.