Equiping Eastern Europe's Armoured and Mechanised Units for a New Security Era
We're seeing the highest defence spending since the Cold War in Eastern Europe according to Jane's Defense Budgets Report, with predictions that the region will see the fastest defence spending growth in the world in 2018 . Of particular note, Europe has emerged as the leading spender globally in the military ground vehicle market.
In addition to an ongoing migrant crisis, Europe is at pains to guard itself against a resurgent Russian threat, following its intervention in Ukraine 4 years ago. Given the versatility of roles, speed and mobility that armoured vehicles can provide an armed force, it is therefore unsurprising that Eastern Bloc nations are prioritising the modernisation of their mechanised units.
Tailored to the challenges of the region, Armoured Vehicles Eastern Europe
provides a platform for the discussion of armoured vehicle
deployment, procurement, cooperation, and sustainment. Over the past 5 years the conference has established itself as the regions annual meeting for Commanders of Mechanised and Armoured Units, acquisition experts and capability development specialists, alongside a wider NATO colleagues from North America and Western Europe.
Key Topics Include
- Armour requirements and procurement processes
- Enhancing Survivability and Protection
- Improving Vehicle Mobility and Firepower
- case studies of armoured vehicles in battlefield operations
- Lieutenant General (Ret.) Ben Hodges, Former Commanding General, U.S. Army Europe (2014-2017), Chairman, Armoured Vehicles Eastern Europe
Early Confirmed Speakers & VIPs Include
- Lieutenant General Dimitar Iliev, Deputy Chief of Defence, Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Mr Zdravko Jakop, State Secretary for Defence, Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Croatia
- Major General Ivo Strecha, Director of the Force Development Division, Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic
- Major General Andis Dilans, Commandant, Baltic Defence College
- Brigadier General Ladislav Jung, Deputy Commander, Czech Land Forces
- Colonel Ivan Tashev, State Expert, Project Management Directorate, Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Colonel Kolya Stoev, Chief of Military Geographic Sector, Operations Department, Bulgarian Land Forces
- Colonel Associate Professor Dr. Borislav Genov,
Director of Armament and Equipment Development Directorate, Professor
Tsvetan Lazarov Defence Institute, Bulgarian Armed Forces
- Colonel Tamas Kender, Director, Office of the Inspector, Hungarian Land Forces
- Colonel Vladislav Sotnik, Deputy Director of the Arms Institute, Ukraine Armed Forces
- Colonel Hans-Joerg Voll, Branch Chief, Army Concepts and Capabilities Development Center ACCDC, Bundeswehr
- Colonel Miroslav Kuhar, Chief of Land Arms Tactics Department, Croatian Defence Academy, Croatian Armed Forces
- Major Sergiy Bysyk, Head of Research & Development, Armament and Military Equipment Directorate, Ukraine Armed Forces
- Richard Jones, Technical Officer / BOXER ILS Manager, NSPA - NATO Support and Procurement Agency
- Mario Blokken, Director of the Permanent Secretariat, Finabel - European Army Interoperability Centre
- Senior Representative, Department of Land Force Projects, Section of Modernisation,, Ministry of Defence of the Slovak Republic
- Senior Representative, BOXER Programme Division, OCCAR
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueHotel Marinela Sofia
Blvd "James Bourchier" 100, 1407 g.k.
Lozenets, Sofia Bulgaria
VenueHotel Marinela Sofia
Blvd "James Bourchier" 100
1407 g.k. Lozenets, Sofia
Phone: +359 2 969 2222Accommodation
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we have put together a HotelMap that displays discounted accommodation for hotels in the area near to Armoured Vehicles Eastern Europe 2019. The map displays live availability and allows you to book directly with each hotel: https://www.HotelMap.com/pro/MSVZ5 Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the HotelMap link provided; this shows live availability and rates for all hotels in the area and allows you to book directly with the hotel of your choice within your budget.