Our 3rd Annual Autonomous Capabilities for DoD Summit
will provide a 'town-hall' type forum to discuss the modernized capabilities that autonomy, AI, and machine learning provide to the Warfighter, and how these innovative technologies are enhancing current and emerging DoD systems. The Summit will focus on the current priorities being enacted to accelerate the utilization of autonomy for the future battlefield, both to advance the DoD's strategy of competing in the Great Power competition, and to outpace adversaries who will also exploit autonomous capabilities
to their advantage.
Topics Covered at the 2019 Summit:
- Facilitating the application of AI & Autonomous systems across the DoD to better counter the adversary & disrupt future conflicts
- Leveraging Advancements in Autonomy to Modernize the US Army
- Advancing the Cross-Domain Integration of Autonomous & UxS Capabilities in Support of the Future Naval Fleet
- Developing & Driving Autonomous Capabilities & Technologies in Support of the Future USMC Force
- Integrating AI for improved Autonomous Intelligent Maneuver
- Exploiting innovative autonomous systems to maximize USAF capabilities & increase force readiness
- Analyzing how advances in AI, Machine Learning, Autonomy and other technologies could affect the future of national security
- Developing Innovative AI and Autonomous Capabilities to Guide the Evolution of Army Technological Capabilities
- Leveraging emerging & disruptive technologies to enhance Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS)
Why You Should Attend this Year's Summit
The 2019 Autonomous Capabilities for DoD Summit
will provide a 'town-hall' style forum to detail current innovations in autonomy, AI, and machine learning to further advance DoD capabilities, platforms and systems. At this Summit, you will have the chance to hear from senior leaders across the DoD and Military Services on current and future initiatives for the facilitation of enhanced technologies onto autonomous systems, as well as critical assessments of the challenges, gaps, and opportunities when integrating autonomous capabilities in the battlefield
This event will explain how AI and autonomous capabilities
are quickly becoming the future of War and will need to be utilized in order to compete in the Great Power competition. These enhanced capabilities will also reduce the number of Warfighters in harm's way and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of decision making for combat effectiveness. At this event, delegates will hear sessions that will help guide their understanding on how fully leveraging autonomy across the DoD can improve total Force readiness and empower the Warfighter.
The 2019 Summit will also give an in depth look at new initiatives that have been established throughout the DoD to help the U.S. remain a leader in AI and autonomous capability integration. The Joint Artificial Intelligence Center and the National Security Commission on AI have been established to field and further develop these disruptive, emerging technologies in order to outpace the adversary.
- Wayne Nickols, Assistant Director for Autonomy, USD R&E
- Dr. Thomas Russell, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army, Research & Technology, ASA(ALT), U.S. Army
- BG Matthew Easley, USA, Director, Joint Artificial Intelligence Task Force, Army Futures Command
- Brig Gen Lance Landrum, USAF, Deputy Director for Requirements and Capability Development, Joint Staff, J-8
- Dr. Paul Zablocky, SES,Program Manager, Strategic Technology Office, DARPA
- Jean-Charles Lede, AFRL Autonomy Technology Advisor, Autonomy COI Lead, USAF
- Capt. Michael Kanaan, USAF, Co-Chair for Air Force Artificial Intelligence, HQAF
- Honorable Katharina McFarland, Commissioner, National Security Commission on AI
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center/United Way
701 N. Fairfax St.
Alexandria, VAHotel Rooms:
SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314www.sheraton.com\suitesalexandria
(Two walking blocks from the Mary M. Gates Learning Center.)
Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate. Please identify that you are with Defense Strategies Institute to receive your discount or use the following link:Book your corporate rate for Defense Strategies Institute
(two walking blocks from the Mary M. Gates learning center)
* Please identify that you are with Defense Strategies Institute to receive your discount.Parking:
There is parking available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Enter at lobby level and request a day parking ticket.
(There is no parking at the Learning Center for delegates, and street parking is limited to 2 hours.)