Practical strategies for navigating the capricious regulatory landscape and maximising the value of IP within Life ScienceIntellectual Property
is the life blood of any Life Science organisations, and the effective management, protection, and enforcement of IP's is essential to achieve success in such a competitive market. Life Science IP
is the only IP event designed for in-house IPR professionals with a focus on the key issues of the year, including the Doctrine of Equivalents, Second-Medical use claims and SPCs. Furthermore, the event will also provide attendees with commercial strategies for maximising the value of their existing IP portfolio and will simultaneously explore the viability reduced-costs methods of IP protection.
Benefits of attending
- 20+ Speakers
- 80+ Participants
- 75% Practiotioner Attendees
- 15+ Hours Dedicated Networking
Key Highlights to be addressed:
- Receive updates and insights directly from the lawmakers, including QC Barrister Mark Engelman.
- Learn more about the efficacy of patenting anti-bodies, biosimilars and bio-equivalents and how local experts are managing this at a regional level
- Receive updates on the implications of recently concluded case law, including the Actavis 'Skinny Labelling' case. Hear how expert law firms and life sciences businesses will be adapting their IP strategy accordingly.
- Work with industry experts, specialist law firms, licensing businesses and in-house counsels to generate effective IP portfolio management, commercialisation and monetisation strategies.
- Discuss the viability of alternative forms of IP protection, including trade-secrets, confidential information, trademarks and copyright.
"All the speakers at the conference were very high level and spoke on issues we are all battling with"
Director R&D business Unit, Rambam Health Corporation
"It was really good for me to keep up to date in the latest development within IP which I cannot follow on a daily bases due to my various role in my company"
Discovery Chemistry and Intellectual Property Manager, Destiny Pharma plc
"This event has been valuable for the exchange of views, practical advices"
IP Associate, AC Immune
- Lord Neuberger, Law Lord, UK House of Lords
- Aaron Smethurst, Director, Intellectual Property Policy, UCB
- Dr. Matthias Zigann, Presiding Judge, Regional Court Munich I
- Kevin Mooney, Chairman of the Rules and Procedure Committee, UPC
- Dr. Judy Jarecki-Black, Head, Patent Prosecution and Patent Litigation, Animal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Jane Lambert QC, Barrister, 4-5 Gray's Inn Square
- Martyn Fish, Partner & Head of HGF Law, HGF Law
- Michelle Davies, Legal Director, HGF Law Ltd
- Professor Mark Engelman QC, Head of Intellectual Property, Barrister, Hardwicke Chambers
- Dr Sven Bostyn Lic.Jur., LLM, PhD, Associate Professor of Biomedical Innovation Law, Law Center for Advanced studies in Biomedical Innovation Law
- Dr Guido Pontremoli, Corporate IP Patent Director, Chiesi
- Harriet Strimpel, Chief IP Counsel, New England Biolabs
- Ehab Shakour, CTO & IP Director, InnoSphere
- Stephane Hauduc, Discovery Chemistry and Intellectual Property Manager, Destiny Pharma
- Susan Dunn, Co-Founder, Harbour Litigation Funding
- Rahela Penovski, CEO, Cognedt
- Nikolaos Papageorgiadis, Senior Lecturer, University of Liverpool
- Denis Bayada, Product Manager Orbit, Questel
- Fabienne Persijn, Key Account Executive, Questel
- Karthik Subramanian, Life Sciences Product Director, PatSnap
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueMillennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
4-18 Harrington Gardens, SW7 4LH
Kensington, London, UK
Life Science 2019 - https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/LSIP
We are delighted to confirm MICE Concierge Ltd are our trusted official accommodation and concierge service for Life Science IP 2019.
MICE Concierge will be providing an enhanced service for all attendees to help ensure you are well looked after whilst you are in London. As our trusted supplier, they have exclusive accommodation rates at the HQ hotel and will ensure you receive the best experience and most importantly the best rates.
We advise you to book through the official channel as the service is supported by the event; you will get the best rates and by staying in one of the accredited hotels you will be with other delegates and will therefore be able to network/socialise more to get the most out of the event.
To view all exclusive rates and to book online, please click here; https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/LSIPPlease note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the HotelMap link provided; this shows live availability and rates for all hotels in the area and allows you to book directly with the hotel of your choice within your budget.