Surface Warships 2020: Developing the Future Surface Combatant for an Information-Dominated Battlespace
The Surface Warships conference
has become established as the premier meeting ground for the higher naval commands of the nato alliance and partner states, attracting over 150 senior officials including navy commanders, directors of materiel, heads of strategic programs, capability planners, shipyard directors, as well as leading solution providers.
Over the course of 3 days, the event will address the themes now, tomorrow, and the future, focusing on operational requirements for current operations, anticipated platform modernisation, and integration of disruptive technologies for future surface warships.
The conference will allow the exchange of knowledge in the field of ship design, construction, and operations across the entire spectrum of surface warships
- identifying solutions for modernising capabilities and enhancing interoperability to maintain maritime superiority against near-peer opponents and asymmetric threats.
Benefits of Attending:
- Enhance your understanding of ship design priorities to retain maritime superiority against near-peer opponents
- Upgrade operational versatility and multi-mission modularity to face the full spectrum of threats in the future operating environment
- Improve battlespace awareness by meeting leading solution providers of combat management systems, mission planning software, and sensor systems
- Inform your organisation of national shipbuilding strategies and modernisation requirements of NATO Navies to formulate winning business proposals
- Upgrade unit lethality and increase offensive power by learning about advancements in air defence, ASW, and surface-to-surface missile systems
2019 Speakers Included
- Admiral Sir James Burnell-Nugent KCB CBE, Former Commander-in-Chief Fleet, Royal Navy
- Vice Admiral Ron Lloyd, Commander, Royal Canadian Navy
- Vice Admiral James Malloy, Commander, Combined Maritime Forces
- Vice Admiral Sir Clive Johnstone KBE CB, Commander, MARCOM
- Vice Admiral Giuseppe Cavo Dragone, Commander Joint Operational Command, Italian Ministry of Defence
- Vice Admiral Henrique Gouveia e Melo, Fleet Commander, Portuguese Navy
- Vice Admiral Alexandru Mirsu, Commander, Romanian Navy
- Vice Admiral Evelio Enrique Ramirez Gafaro, Chief of Naval Operations, Colombian Navy
- Vice Admiral Thomas Moore, Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command, US Navy
- Vice Admiral Manuel Antonio Martinez Ruiz, Deputy for Engineering and Naval Shipbuilding, Spanish Navy
- Rear Admiral Paul Halton, Commander Maritime Operations, Royal Navy
- Rear Admiral Francois Moreau, Deputy Chief of Naval Staff for Plans and Programmes, French Navy
VenueVenue to be confirmed
More information to follow...
Please note: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.