Surface Warships 2020: Naval Power in a Digital Era
The Surface Warships conference
has become established as the premier meeting ground for the higher naval commands of the nato alliance and partner states, attracting over 150 senior officials including navy commanders, directors of materiel, heads of strategic programs, capability planners, shipyard directors, as well as leading solution providers.
Over the course of 3 days, the event will address the themes now, tomorrow, and the future, focusing on operational requirements for current operations, anticipated platform modernisation, and integration of disruptive technologies for future surface warships.
The conference will allow the exchange of knowledge in the field of ship design, construction, and operations across the entire spectrum of surface warships
- identifying solutions for modernising capabilities and enhancing interoperability to maintain maritime superiority against near-peer opponents and asymmetric threats.
Benefits of Attending:
- Enhance your understanding of ship design priorities to retain maritime superiority against near-peer opponents
- Upgrade operational versatility and multi-mission modularity to face the full spectrum of threats in the future operating environment
- Improve battlespace awareness by meeting leading solution providers of combat management systems, mission planning software, and sensor systems
- Inform your organisation of national shipbuilding strategies and modernisation requirements of NATO Navies to formulate winning business proposals
- Upgrade unit lethality and increase offensive power by learning about advancements in air defence, ASW, and surface-to-surface missile systems
- Admiral Sir James Burnell-Nugent KCB CBE, Former Commander-in-Chief Fleet, Royal Navy
2020 Speaker Faculty
- Admiral Anthony David Radakin, CB, ADC, First Sea Lord, Royal Navy
- Admiral Herve de Bonnaventure, Inspector General, French Armed Forces
- Vice Admiral Richard A. Brown, Commander Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet
- Alan R. Shaffer, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (A&S), US DoD
- Vice Admiral Lisa M. Franchetti, U.S. 6th Fleet Commander, Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO Deputy Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa Joint Force Maritime Component Commander Europe, U.S. Navy
- Vice Admiral Keith Edward Blount CB OBE FRAeS, Commander, NATO MARCOM
- Vice Admiral Alexandru Mirsu, Commander, Romanian Navy
- Vice Admiral Santiago Vascones Morey, Chief of the General Staff, Peruvian Navy
- Vice Admiral Antonio Martorell Lacave, Operation Commander, EU NAVFOR Op Atalanta
- Vice Admiral Petronio Augusto Siqueira de Aguiar, Director of Programmes, Brazilian Navy
- Vice Admiral Krzysztof Jerzy Jaworski, Commander Maritime Operations Center, Polish Operational Command
- Vice Admiral Eugenio Diaz del Rio Jaudenes, Chief of the Plans and Policy Division in the Naval Staff, Spanish Navy
- Vice Admiral Manuel Antonio Martinez Ruiz, Director for Engineering and Naval Shipbuilding, Spanish Navy
- Vice Admiral David Burden, Director General of Materiel, Argentine Navy
- Rear Admiral Torben Mikkelsen, Admiral Danish Fleet, Royal Danish Navy
- Rear Admiral Nils Andreas Stensones, Chief of the Navy, Royal Norwegian Navy
- Rear Admiral Augusto Bohorquez Villalta, Surface Warfare Commander, Peruvian Navy
- Rear Admiral Andrew Burns OBE, Commander Maritime Forces, Royal Navy
- Rear Admiral Curt Renshaw, Deputy Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command/U.S. FIFTH Fleet
- Rear Admiral G.N. Bamplenis, Director of Hellenic Navy Armaments Directorate, Hellenic Navy
- Rear Admiral Juan Retamoso, Director of Personnel, Uruguayan Navy
- Commodore Iain Lower, Head of Strategy & International Relations, Maritime Sector & Parliamentary Engagement, Royal Navy
- Admiral (Ret'd) Chen Yeong-Kang, Director, National Chung-Shan Institute of Science
- Rear Admiral Nils Wang, Director, Naval Team Denmark
- Captain Rosario La Pira, Director of Training Support and Transformation, NMITOC
- Kees Posthumus, Head, Office for Marine Engineering, Netherlands Defence Materiel Organisation
- Confirmed Senior Representative, Representing the Chief of Naval Staff, Royal Malaysian Navy
- Confirmed Senior Representative, Representing the Chief of Naval Staff, Turkish Navy
- Confirmed Senior Representative, Representing Commander, EU NAVFOR Mediterranean
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueMillennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
4-18 Harrington Gardens, SW7 4LH
Kensington, London, UKWebsite
Surface Warships 2020 - https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/surfacew2020
We are delighted to confirm MICE Concierge Ltd are our trusted official accommodation and concierge service for Surface Warships 2020.
MICE Concierge will be providing an enhanced service for all attendees to help ensure you are well looked after whilst you are in London. As our trusted supplier, they have exclusive accommodation rates at the HQ hotel and will ensure you receive the best experience and most importantly the best rates.
We advise you to book through the official channel as the service is supported by the event; you will get the best rates and by staying in one of the accredited hotels you will be with other delegates and will therefore be able to network/socialise more to get the most out of the event.
To view all exclusive rates and to book online, please click here; https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/surfacew2020Please note:
We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.