With the increased attention on plastic & waste from the public, the polyolefins industry is facing many changes, not only from a regulation perspective, but also in designing products meeting sustainability & circular economy targets. The entire value chain now needs to adapt to this new era for plastics in order to thrive and make a positive impact on the planet.
All these changes, and other pressing matters in the industry, will be addressed at our 8th edition of the Future of Polyolefins Summit
, taking place in Brussels, Belgium, on the 22nd & 23rd January 2020.
Over the two days, the participants will discuss the trends of the polyolefins industry and its end-products, and of course how to implement the circular economy targets at each step of the value chain.
The conference will also discuss how to maintain performance whilst aiming for recyclability of materials; efficiently using recycled materials; design & performance for polyolefin based plastic; as well as recycling technologies.
This new edition will bring together senior executives from petrochemical companies, plastic converters, technology providers, chemical intermediate suppliers, researchers, as well as other influential stakeholders from the value chain.
Join us in Brussels for two days of exchanging perspectives, learning and excellent networking opportunities with your peers.
- The Polyolefins Market
- Factors Influencing the Olefins Supply
- Current & Future Regulations framing the Polyolefins & Plastic Industries
- Tackling Plastic Waste & Ocean Pollution across the World
- How to Efficiently Recycle Polyolefins-based Products
- Polyolefins Products Design: Using Recycled Materials & Ensuring Recyclability
- Analysing the Sustainability Efforts Made by the Industry
- Focus on Polyolefins Compounding
- Exploring the Trends in Polyolefins End-use
Who Will Attend?
- Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals / chemicals companies
- Feedstocks / olefins suppliers
- Chemical & commodity trading
- Polymer & polyolefin producers
- End product manufacturers
- Plastic converters & compounders
- Technology providers (catalysts manufacturers etc.)
- Masterbatch suppliers
- Chemical intermediates suppliers
- Research centres and institutes
- Petrochemical / chemical consultants
- Policy / regulation / environmental institutions
- Financial stakeholders: venture capital firms, investment banks, private equity firms
Early Confirmed Speakers
- Karlheinz Hausmann, R&D Fellow, Dow
- Maria Ciliberti, VP Marketing & New Business Development, Borealis
- Werner Bosmans, Policy Officer - Circular Economy, European Commission
- Silvia Freni Sterrantino, EU Regulatory Affairs Manager, EuPC - European Plastics Converters
- Rinus de Kok, Commercial Director, PRS
- Peter Sundt, Secretary General, EPRO - European Association of Plastics Recycling & Recovery Organisation
- Gaelle Nuttall, Environmental Sustainability Manager, Nestle Waters
- Wendy Lebegge, Responsible Care Manager, Sumitomo Chemica
- Paolo Glerean, Business Devleopment & Institutional Affairs, Aliplast & Board Member, Plastics Recyclers Europe
- Krisztina Petrenyine Szabo, Downstream Business Development Director, MOL
- Francois Chambon, Global Strategic Marketing Manager PE, ExxonMobil
- Graham Houlder, Project Co-ordinator, Workstream Consultant, CEFLEX
- Just Jansz, Founder & MD, Expertise Beyond Borders BV
- Venetia Spencer, Secretary General, PCEP - Polyolefin Circular Economy Platform
- Martijn Gipmans, Principal Consultant & Team Lead, Thinkstep
- Cigdem Zeytin Derin, Expert And Upstream Strategy Leader "Commodity Polymers", Renault
VenueVenue to be confirmed