The long awaited NCT Asia is coming back to Kuala Lumpur for its 12th edition in the region from the 22nd-24th of October, 2019! In partnership with the National Defense University of Malaysia, we will host the largest CBRNe, C-IED and EOD conference of the region welcoming high-level decision-makers, civil and military operators, as well as industry experts relevant to combatting Non-Conventional Threats. In line with its last editions, NCT Asia 2019 will be welcoming delegations from Malaysia, The United States, South Korea, Cambodia, Thailand, amongst many others!
The event will kick start with a live capability demonstration by the Malaysian Armed Forces and civil responders and will host the famous NCT Networking Reception. Program themes are based off the most relevant topics in the region such as Capabilities for an Effective CBRNe Response, Medical Preparedness for CBRNe events, Best Practices in Countering IEDs and The Threats of Landmines and UXOs.
Join us for the must-attend CBRNe, C-IED and EOD event in Asia of 2019, and get insight into the latest, relevant state-of-the-art technologies!
Malaysia is one of the most developed countries in Southeast Asia when it comes to CBRNe. In the wake of the assassination of Kim Jong-nam at Kuala Lumpur International Airport using the highly-lethal VX nerve agent, Malaysian authorities have been on high alert regarding future CBRNe threats. Furthermore, the theft of a radioactive device containing Iridium-192 from the back of a pick-up truck has only highlighted the importance of raising CBRNe awareness in the region. Whilst Malaysia has well trained personnel and experts in both the military and civil spheres, it remains imperative that we discuss and share knowledge on the constantly evolving CBRNe threat and how we may prevent as well as respond to them through international cooperation.
- Hon. Guy B. Roberts, Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for NCB Defense Programs, DoD, USA
- Brig. Gen. Yoo Bong Heo, Commander, ROK Army CBRN School, Republic of Korea
- Mr. Ilja Bonsen, Managing Director, IB Consultancy, The Netherlands
- Ms. Anna Paternnosto, Vice President, CBRNe Society, The Netherlands
- Dr. Makoto Akashi, Director, Ryugasaki Public Health Center, Japan
- CAPT Eric Correll, Commander, Navy Expeditionary Forces Command Pacific, US Navy, USA
- H.E. Ly Thuch, Vice President and Secretary General, Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority, Cambodia
- Maj. Gen. H.E. Phorn Nara, Secretary General, National Authority for the Prohibition of CNBR Weapons, Cambodia
- Dr. Richard Yeung Sai Dat, Chief of Service, Acute Emergency Department, Alice Ho Miu Ling Hospital, Hong Kong
- Brig. Gen. Basant K. Ponwar, Inspector General, Director, Counter Terrorism & Jungle Warfare College, Kanker, India
- Thailand Mine Action Centre (TMAC)
- Mr. Jon Beville, Director Global Sales & Business Development, Heyl, Germany
- Laura Cochrane, Director of Medical and Clinical Affairs, Emergent BioSolutions, UK
VenueLe Meridien Hotel
2, Jalan Stesen Sentral, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan , 50470
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia