The 8th edition of this Ship Recycling Congress
will provide an insight into the latest updates on the EU Regulation 1257/2013 and the capacity issues, will focus on sustainable ship recycling, recycling of vessels with no EU flag, ratification of IMO's Hong Kong convention, the global market overview, the Inventory Hazardous Materials, and much more.
The Congress will bring together senior executives and experts from ship owners, ship operators, ship yards, major associations, cash buyers, and green owners, class societies, and others, to discuss the latest changes, challenges and developments within the industry.
Ship breaking allows the materials from the ship, especially steel, to be recycled and made into new products. This lowers the demand for mined iron ore and reduces energy use in the steelmaking process. While ship breaking is sustainable, there are concerns about the use of poorer countries without stringent environmental legislation. It is also considered one of the world's most dangerous industries and very labour-intensive.
Join us in Amsterdam on 29th - 30th January and do not miss the opportunity to meet key representatives of the industry.
Key Topics 2020 Include
- Assessing the Global Overview of the Ship Recycling Updates and Developments
- Assessing the EU Ship Recycling Regulation as the Only International Framework on Ship Recycling
- Evaluating the Capacity Issues in the EU List of Ship Recycling Facilities
- Ratification of the Hong King Convention
- Focusing on the IHM Requirements Towards Green Ship Recycling
- Evaluating the Status of IHMs from a Variety of Perspectives
- Focusing on Ship Recycling of Vessels with No EU Flag
- Evaluating the Cash Buyer's Perspective on Ship Recycling and Current Market Changes
- Taking a Closer Look at Labour and HSE Matters Within the Ship Recycling Industry
- Analysing the Recent Coverage of Ship Recycling in the CSR of Banks and Insurers
Who Will Attend?Company type:
- Ship owners and operators
- Ship yards
- Green owners
- Flag States
- Class Societies
- Cash Buyers
- Head of Ship Recycling
- Business Development Manager
- General Manager
- Chief Operating Officer
- Managing Director
- Technical Director
- Corporate Liaison and Policy Officer
- Environmental Management
Confirmed 2020 Speakers
- Antonio Barredo, Managing Director, DDR Vessels
- Capt. Wolfram Guntermann, Director Environmental Management, Hapag-Lloyd
- Slobodan Kecic, Program Manager Ship Recycling, Teekay Offshore Norway AS
- Kan Matsuzaki, Director, ICT, Electrical And Electronics, Shipbuilding And Shipbreaking, IndustriALL Union
- Henning Gramann, CEO, GSR Services GmbH
- Karianne Tieleman, CIB Sustainability Advisory, ABN AMRO
- Reinoud Pijpers, Director, ISRA
- Wouter Rozenveld, Director, Sea2Cradle
- Giovanni D'Angelo, Scheme Manager, RINA
- Ellinor Haggebrink, Research Analyst, GES International
- Ingvild Jenssen, Founder & Director, NGO Shipbreaking Platform
- Knut Ola Skotvedt, Senior Vice President - Large Corporates - Ocean Industries, DNB Bank ASA
- William MacLachlan, Partner, HFW
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.