Support Ships 2020: Enabling the Surface Fleet Supplying the Joint ForceSupport Ships 2020
comes at a time of extraordinary growth and investment for the UK and other navies around the world who are seeking to attain, or retain, blue-water capability.
Despite the critical nature of support vessels, afloat support, maintenance and sealift - Support Ships
remains the only dedicated conference of its kind in the world. It is a unique opportunity for colleagues to connect and impart knowledge, and for industry leaders to take their message to new audiences - and to learn from the leaders of tomorrow's naval programmes.
In the UK, the Royal Navy is preparing for the first operational carrier deployment in 2021 - and the Fleet Solid Support Ship
programme is on the near horizon.
We are therefore delighted that the UK's Secretary of Defence, the Right Honourable Ben Wallace MP, along with Commodore Duncan Lamb of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, will be delivering keynote presentations.
Senior officers from the United States, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and across Europe will also be sharing their valuable insight into this vital subject. The international nature of the 2020 event programme speaks to the importance of afloat support - and long-range operational capabilities - for all major navies, at a time when the threat from peer and near-peer adversaries continues to grow.
- Introduce or retain a replenishment at sea capability for the surface fleet by defining a blueprint for the multi-role support ship
- Meet a growing requirement for strategic sealift by integrating commercial sea freight within the naval logistics chain
- Attain maximum availability for the support ship by enhancing the in-service support model
- Eliminate supply chain failure for the final mile by increasing the accuracy of demand forecasting
- Equip the support fleet to enable blue-water naval operations by identifying long-range solutions for power and propulsion
2020 Speaker Faculty
Main Conference Chairman
- Rear Admiral (Retd.) Robert Tarrant, Former Commander Operations, Royal Navy
2020 Early Confirmed Speakers
- The Right Honourable Ben Wallace MP, Secretary of State for Defence, HM Government
- Commodore Duncan Lamb, ACOS Afloat Support & Commodore, Royal Fleet Auxiliary
- Mr. Paul Hammond, Chief of Staff, NATO Support and Procurement Agency
- Vice Admiral Piyal De Silva, Commander, Sri Lankan Navy
- Vice Admiral Alexandru Mirsu, Commander, Romanian Navy
- Rear Admiral Michael A. Wettlaufer, Commander, Military Sealift Command, US Navy
- Rear Admiral Peter G. Stamatopoulos, Director of Logistics, J4, U.S. European Command
- Rear Admiral Jean-Mathieu Rey, Deputy Director, Fleet Support Service, French Navy
- Rear Admiral Jose Enrique Delgado, Deputy Chief of Staff for Support, NATO MARCOM
- Commodore David Smith, Commodore (Engineering) RFA, Navy Command HQ
- Commodore JW Hartman, Director of Materiel Sustainment, Royal Netherlands Navy
- Captain Mark Cox RN, Assistant Heads of Plans, Logistics Delivery, UK Ministry of Defence
- Commander Suzannah Curtis, SO1, Logistics Coherence for UK Aircraft Carrier, UK MInistry of Defence
- Commander Mathieu Teisseire, Head of Fleet Support, Capabilities Development Office, French Navy
- Commodore James Fanshawe (Ret.), Chair, UK Maritime Autonomous Systems Regulatory Working Group
- Confirmed Representative, From, EUNAVFORMED
- Confirmed Representative, From, Bangladesh Navy
- Confirmed Representative, From, Royal Australian Navy
: 25 February, 2020Main Conference
: 26-27 February, 2020
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Pl, Kensington, W8 5SY
: +44 20 7937 7211Accommodation
Please see the official link for Support Ships 2020 - https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/supportships2020
We are delighted to confirm MICE Concierge Ltd are our trusted official accommodation and concierge service for Support Ships 2020.
MICE Concierge will be providing an enhanced service for all attendees to help ensure you are well looked after whilst you are in London. As our trusted supplier, they have exclusive accommodation rates at the HQ hotel and will ensure you receive the best experience and most importantly the best rates.
We advise you to book through the official channel as the service is supported by the event; you will get the best rates and by staying in one of the accredited hotels you will be with other delegates and will therefore be able to network/socialise more to get the most out of the event.
To view all exclusive rates and to book online, please click here; https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/supportships2020Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the HotelMap link provided; this shows live availability and rates for all hotels in the area and allows you to book directly with the hotel of your choice within your budget.