Edge Computing: The paradigm shift for the Oil and Gas Industry has arrived
The physical complexities associated with the oil and gas industry have always been common knowledge: from deep wellbores, extensive pipeline networks, complex refining processes and vastly distributed terminals. Such disparate infrastructure has always been the cause of information lags, silos and operational inefficiencies.
The deployment of Edge Computing is widely viewed as a game changer, presenting oil and gas companies with the opportunity to achieve end-to-end informational, workforce and commercial transformation.
This conference will bring together all three components of edge transformation like:
- Strategies to achieve competitiveness through effective information processing
- Capitalizing on real-time intelligence to improve performance efficiency
- Training your workforce to make the jump to new digital heights
- Leveraging new digital skills enterprise-wide
- Strategies to widely improve processing times
- Maximizing data capture to yield more in-depth information across products and portfolios
- The future of edge computing for oil and gas: current trends, future opportunities and challenges
- The nuts and bolts of applying edge for asset-intensive remote operations
- Strategies to ensure successful edge computing deployment: speed, ease and security
- Integration and connectivity of legacy equipment through edge computing
- Strategies to optimize oil extraction with edge computing
- The opportunities and challenges of digital twins in IIoT
- The development of synthetic sensors and IIoT and their deployment to improve maintenance and reduce downtime
- Intelligent edge processing to save time, boost response time, reduce data storage and lower transmission costs
Who should attend?
Upstream E&P Operators, Midstream Companies, Petrochemical, Refinery and Processing Plants in addition to EPC and Oilfield Service Companies with the following job titles:
- Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer
- Digitalization Lead, Head of Digital Strategy
- Head of Emerging Technology
- Chief Architect, Head of Data Analytics
- Automation Lead
In addition to:
- Consultancy and training firms
- Drilling companies
- IT software, hardware and solution providers
- Cloud and network services
- David Crawley, Professor of Practice, College of Technology, University of Houston
- David Lafferty,President, Scientific Technical Services
- Enrique Birriel, Director of IT Real Estate and Edge Services, H5 Data Centers
- Hani Elshahawi, Digitalization Lead - Deepwater Technology and Principal Technical Expert - Formation Testing and Sampling, Shell Technology
- Jim Claunch, Senior Advisor, Bain and Company
- John Barratt, CEO, Oil & Gas Innovation Center
- Michael Lewis, Policy and Framework Advisor, Chevron
- Michael Parham, Data Scientist, University of California Irvine
- Paul Gould, Global Head of Digital Strategy, Clariant Oil Services
- Philip Neri, Director of Marketing, Energistics Consortium
- Ricardo Ramirez, Principal Engineer, National Oilwell Varco
- Robello Samuel, Chief Technical Advisor & Technology Fellow, Halliburton
- Saurabh Patel, Digital Exploration Lead, ExxonMobil
- Steve Aitken, Founder, Intelligent Plant
- Syed Ali, Lecturer, University of Houston Downtown
- Tahereh Jafari, Lecturer of Management Information Systems, University of Houston Downtown
- Udayan Vyas, Emerging Technology Strategist, Chevron
- Clinton D. Chapman, Ph.D., Unconventional Platform Digital Architect, Advisor, Schlumberger
- Eric Neason, Senior Vice President, Products & Services, Detechtion Technologies
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueThe Westin Houston, Memorial City
945 Gessner Road, 77024
Providing guests with a direct connection to Memorial City Mall, Gateway Memorial City and Memorial Hermann Hospital, The Westin Houston, Memorial City is a contemporary haven brimming with thoughtful amenities.
Accommodations set the stage for a serene and rejuvenating stay, enhanced by upscale details like stainless steel hardware, sumptuous wood, ambient lighting, skyline views and signature Westin Heavenly amenities; reserve one of our apartment-style suites to enjoy the comforts of home in Houston.
Once you've settled in, a wealth of curated amenities are at your disposal, including a rooftop infinity pool, inventive dining at 024 Grille, a 24-hour business center and a state-of the-art Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio.