We are pleased to present the next annual conference in the sell-out portfolio of Armoured Vehicle events: Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness 2021, taking place on 12-13 April, 2021 Virtually as an online event
As the focus of modern warfare continues to shift from asymmetric counter-insurgency operations towards near-peer conflict, military and defence organisations worldwide are increasingly focused on retaining and maintaining overmatch capabilities to ensure success on future battlefields. In order to secure this strategic advantage in the age of increased technology and domain convergence, it remains essential that allied militaries discuss existing and future developments within their armoured capabilities in order to match and overcome future threats from peer and near-peer adversaries.
In an age where technological dominance reigns, the on-board sensor suites, optics, mission systems and vehicle architectures become the eyes and ears of the crew members, as well as the soldiers on board. It is vital therefore that armoured units have an intimate understanding of their surrounding terrain as well as the capabilities to deal swiftly with incoming threats, whatever the conditions. Furthermore, this data is fundamental in creating and mapping the battlefield, delivering vital information to command for effective use of assets at greater speeds.Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness
returns for its 5th year to proactively discuss crucial developments, calling on the experience of military programme managers, operational commanders and leading engineers in the market. FAVSA 2021
will also crucially delve deeper into the role of industry, inviting technical leads, platform managers and programme directors to share their insights on the latest systems and sub-systems, providing greater awareness of existing capabilities and future requirements.
The key topics for 2021 include:
- Vetronic Architectures
- CIS capabilities
- Battle Management Systems
- Acoustic Sensors
- Crew Displays
- Active Protection
- Defensive Aid Suites
- Mobile Camouflage Systems
- and more!
Benefits of Attending
- Hear the latest host nation capability updates from the British Armour Centre, Joint Forces Command, DSTL and DE&S
- Network with key OEMs and System Integrators such as General Dynamics European Land Systems, Patria Land, Thales, Diehl Defence, SAAB Barracuda, BAE and General Dynamics UK
- Deliberate key technological requirements in order to complete the 'Situational Awareness Jigsaw', including; vetronic architectures, communications, CIS capabilities, battle management systems, acoustic sensors, optronics, crew displays, active protection, defensive aid suites and mobile camouflage systems
- Explore land force interoperability and training requirements for enhanced joint fires during coalition operations
Who should attend
With particular focus on the collaboration between military, research and industry, Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness invites not only the key programme managers, capability directors and operational commanders from the armed forces, but also ensures the participation of senior engineers, chief scientists and platform managers from the leading solution providers are present.
- Mr John Crozier, Technical Partner, Urban Canyon Sixth Sense (UC6S), DSTL, UK MoD
EXPERT MILITARY AND INDUSTRY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Brigadier General Richard R. Coffman, Director, Next Generation Combat Vehicle, Cross Functional Team, US Army Futures Command
- Colonel Jonathan Brooking, Commander HQ Armour Centre, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Chris Orlowski, Product Manager, Robotic Combat Vehicle, US Army Futures Command
- Major Robert Atchison, SO2 Armour Cap, Ground Manoeuvre Capability Office, British Army
- Major Joseph Needham, SO2 Land Systems, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- Mr Hans-Josef Maas, Armoured Fighting Vehicles, Vetronics Project Leader, Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment and Information Technology
- Mr Keith Smith, GVA Manager, Defence Equipment & Support, UK MoD
Industry Speakers Include:
- Mr Marc Krause, Project Manager, Vehicle Optronic, Hensoldt Optronics GmbH
- Mr Dieter Fasol, Expert Safety, Weapon System Design Germany / ILS and Safety, MBDA Deutschland GmbH
- Mr Andreas Öhlin, Product Manager Local Situational Awareness Systems, SAAB Vehicle Systems
- Mr Ian James, Chief Technologist Land Systems, Land & Air Systems, Optronics & Missile Electronics, Thales UK
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.