Due to ongoing concerns over COVID-19 this event has now been postponed to 12-13 April 2021.
We are pleased to present the next annual conference in the sell-out portfolio of Armoured Vehicle events: Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness 2021, taking place in London on 12-13 April, 2021
As warfare moves from asymmetric counterinsurgency focused operations, militaries must consider necessary requirements for success in an ever-developing battlefield, often characterised by increased technology and domain convergence. It is therefore increasingly important for militaries to discuss developments in their armoured capabilities in order to match and overcome potential near-peer future threats.
In an age where technological dominance reigns, the on-board sensor suites, optics, mission systems and vehicle architectures become the eyes and ears of the crew members, as well as the soldiers on board. It is vital therefore that armoured units have an intimate understanding of their surrounding terrain as well as the capabilities to deal swiftly with incoming threats, whatever the conditions. Further, this data is fundamental in creating and mapping the battlefield, delivering vital information to command for effective use of assets at greater speeds.Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness
returns for its 5th year to proactively discuss crucial developments, calling on the experience of military programme managers, operational commanders and leading engineers in the market. FAVSA 2021
will also crucially delve deeper into the role of industry, inviting technical leads, platform managers and programme directors to share their insights on the latest systems and sub-systems, providing greater awareness of existing capabilities and future requirements.
The key topics for 2021 include:
- Vetronic Architectures
- CIS capabilities
- Battle Management Systems
- Acoustic Sensors
- Crew Displays
- Active Protection
- Defensive Aid Suites
- Mobile Camouflage Systems
- and more!
Benefits of Attending
- Hear the latest host nation capability updates from the British Armour Centre, Joint Forces Command, DSTL and DE&S
- Network with key OEMs and System Integrators such as General Dynamics European Land Systems, Patria Land, Thales, Diehl Defence, SAAB Barracuda, BAE and General Dynamics UK
- Deliberate key technological requirements in order to complete the 'Situational Awareness Jigsaw', including; vetronic architectures, communications, CIS capabilities, battle management systems, acoustic sensors, optronics, crew displays, active protection, defensive aid suites and mobile camouflage systems
- Explore land force interoperability and training requirements for enhanced joint fires during coalition operations
Who should attend
With particular focus on the collaboration between military, research and industry, Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness invites not only the key programme managers, capability directors and operational commanders from the armed forces, but also ensures the participation of senior engineers, chief scientists and platform managers from the leading solution providers are present.
- Mr John Crozier, Technical Partner, Urban Canyon Sixth Sense (UC6S), DSTL, UK MoD
EXPERT MILITARY AND INDUSTRY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Colonel Jonathan Brooking, Commander HQ Armour Centre, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel John Dagless, Senior Requirements Manager, Battlefield and Tactical CIS (BATCIS), ISS Joint Forces Command, UK MoD
- Mr Keith Smith, GVA Manager, DE&S UK MoD
- Mr Ian Burch, Chief Engineer LOSA, Land Concepts & Assessment, Land Equipment, DE&S, UK MoD
- Professor Merfyn Lloyd, Lately Science Advisor, DE&S (Retired) UK MoD
Industry Speakers Include:
- Dr Alexander Wolf, Head of Technology, Platforms and Unmanned Systems, Diehl Defence GmbH
- Mr Carlos Gil, Director Engineer, ASCOD and Tracked Vehicles, General Dynamics European Land Systems
- Dr Andy Lillie, Technology Director Network & Communications, Mission Systems, General Dynamics Land Systems UK
- Mr Andreas Ohlin, Product Manager Local Situational Awareness Systems, SAAB Vehicle Systems
- Dr Iain Carrie, Systems Design Engineer, Land & Air Systems, Optronics & Missile Electronics, Thales
- Mr Ian James, Chief Technologist Land Systems, Land & Air Systems, Optronics & Missile Electronics, Thales
- Mr Marc Krause, Project Manager, Vehicle Optronic, Hensoldt Optronics GmbH
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Pl, Kensington, W8 5SY