Future Universities: Educational Spaces that Work!
Universities and Higher Education Institutions are at a critical crossroads as candidates wonder "Is College worth the investment?" With the onset of the iGeneration, technological advances have allowed this next group of potential college enrollees to be connected 24/7, wherever they are most comfortable and see fit. However, Colleges & Universities have not kept pace and need to create environments that turn a passive student into an active learner through innovative, interactive and flexible spaces.
Across this series, we have heard from the likes of Dr. Michelle Samura from Chapman University about the relationship between space, belonging and a sense of design and Chirag Kadiwar, Director of Workplace Planning at Facebook, about strategies to translate needs into optimal facility solutions through capital investment and financial analysis.
Join our prestigious community which has alumni including USC, Yale, Facebook, Uber, University of Texas, UCLA, Google and Arizona State at the 7th iteration of Future Universities
as we tackle the iGeneration together! This will connect you with best use cases within higher education; hear from the most sought after corporations offering unparalleled "campuses'; network with university peers and explore the latest and most innovative solutions that will allow you to create spaces that work.
- Plan the work: Learn how to build the business case to win over the Board of Regents and multiple other key stakeholders to lay the foundation of your Next Generation University sooner than later
- Innovate: Understand how Multi-Use Buildings WOW potential students and keep people engaged 24/7
- Avoid the pitfalls: Learn from the experts! Whether it be another College, University, or Corporation, case studies based on recently completed projects will allow you to see it from their perspective from inception through completion, filled with successes and challenges
- Impact that lasts: Benchmark the impact that interactive, sustainable, inclusive environments have on students and enrollment!
2020 Expert Speaker Line Up
- John Gormley, Director of Design and Project Management, UCLA
- Dan Nemec, Associate Director of Campus Capital Planning, Georgia Tech
- Ken Murai, Director of Campus Design, Chapman University
- Shari Hammond, Principal Planner, Sustainability, UC
- Alex Kohnen, Assistant Vice President, Facilities Management, Arizona State University
- Mark Hough, Landscape Architect, Duke University
- Angela Dettore PMP, MCR.w, CEO of North America, MovePlan
- Trey Harris, Director, Education Markets, Clarus
- Lindsay Peters PMP, Project Director, MovePlan
- Mo Lovegreen, Director, Campus Sustainability, UC Santa Barbara
Pre-Conference Workshops and Site Tours
: February 24, 2020Main Conference
: February 25-26, 2020
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueThe Line LA Live
3515 Wilshire Blvd, 90010
Los Angeles, CA
The LINE Hotel, originally built in 1964, embraces its mid-century bones and culturally rich neighborhood to create an inspiring boutique hotel experience. A place of community and gathering, the LINE LA's lobby welcomes travelers and neighbors alike. Between locally crafted dishes, a shop locally-curated by art and design collective Poketo, and nightlife vibes designed by the Houston Brothers, the LINE delivers a rich, layered, urban experience unlike any other in Los Angeles.
The special room rate of $205 has been established to make your reservation process easy. Simply call (213) 381-7411 to book. You must make your reservation no later than February 4, 2020. For your convenience, the special rate has been extended to three days before and after the conference. Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.