Note: This event was originally planned for 24-26 March, 2020 in Cartagena, Colombia and has now been rescheduled
New date: 4 November, 2020
Caribbean Security Dialogue Online
Our 8th annual CABSEC and SAMSEC
, hosted by the Colombia Navy in Cartagena de Indias, has been postponed until March 2021.
In the interim we are delighted to convene the Caribbean Security Dialogue Online - a 1 day forum featuring presentations from Caribbean Chiefs of Defence in order to provide a much needed update.
Sessions take place on 4 November 2020
0900-1330 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
So very much has happened in just a few short months that have had a profound impact on the Caribbean and the world. Bad actors are using the disruption caused to increase activity on the assumption that Regional and international law-enforcement will be too stretched to focus on seizures.
At the same time we are at the start of the 2020 Hurricane Season, and there is the opportunity for a significant natural disaster to impact and test if lessons learned from past years can be put into action with new regional protocols in place to enhance the effectiveness of multinational forces.
Industry is welcome to join the forum and raise awareness of the technical solutions available to the many challenges across the region.
Key topics for the Online Forum:
- Regional updates taking into consideration COVID-19 and the 2020 Hurricane Season
- Rapidly inform the wider Caribbean Security Community on changing priorities
- Procurement overviews and informing industry on the needs of the defence forces
- Efficacy of new regional protocols for arrival of multinational forces implemented after 2019 Hurricane Season - lessons learned from 2020
- Ensuring the security of the maritime domain and blue economy
- Enhancing regional training, capacity building and security cooperation
- Facilitating regional and hemispheric security cooperation
- Sharing lessons in procurement and modernization
Caribbean Security Dialogue Panellists (4 NOV)
- Lieutenant General Rocky Meade, Chief of Defence Staff, Jamaica Defence Force
- Commodore Dr. Raymond King, Commander Defence Force, ROYAL BAHAMAS DEFENCE FORCE
- Air Commodore Darryl Daniel, Chief of Defence Staff, Trinidad and Tobago Defence Forces
- Colonel Glyne Sinatra Grannum, Chief of Staff, Barbados Defence Force
- Robert Scotland, Commandant, Cayman Islands Coast Guard
- Alexander Stephenson, Executive Conference Producer, Defence IQ
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.