EVENT UPDATE: With new guidance issued over the weekend and communication this morning with government offices, we will postpone the DoD Hypersonic Capabilities event until July 20 & 21 at the same venue.
Our 2nd DoD Hypersonic Capabilities Symposium will emphasize the continued need to develop American hypersonic technologies and leverage these technologies to achieve U.S. National Security goals. Hypersonic Missiles and Glide Vehicles have the potential to be game-changing weapons that could cause the US to rethink its posture and strategy across the globe. The 2020 Hypersonics Symposium will facilitate discussions to accelerate the acquisition of hypersonic platforms that will provide the United States the capabilities to maintain the balance of global power.
Topics of Discussion:
- Evolving and Enhancing U.S. Hypersonic Capabilities
- Rapidly Delivering Hypersonic Capabilities to the Warfighter
- Providing Full Life-Cycle Support of Naval Aviation Aircraft in Support of Urgent Warfighter Needs
- Expanding and Sustaining Production of U.S. Hypersonic Weapons
- Employing Hypersonic Weapons to Deter Enemy Attacks and Guarantee the Security of our Nation
- Understanding the Stresses and Complexities of Flights at Extreme Speeds
- Delivering Hypersonic Systems Across Naval Platforms
- Developing Hybrid Engines Capable of Efficient Hypersonic Flight
- Accelerating the Acquisition of U.S. Hypersonic Platforms
Why You Should Attend This Year's Symposium
This educational symposium will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to explore emerging concepts and capabilities in hypersonic
weapons and systems in both offensive and defensive measures. The hypersonic
market is predicted to be have sales of over $5 billon by the mid 2020's and is the main priority of development for the Pentagon according to Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering Michael Griffin. hypersonic
technology has the potential to be a ground-breaking technology that changes the way future wars are fought and the balance of global power.
Our 2020 DoD Hypersonic Capabilities Symposium
will emphasize the pressing need to develop offensive and defensive hypersonic technologies to counter and gain a lead on Russian and Chinese technological advances in this field. Hypersonic
Missiles and Glide Vehicles can bypass conventional missile defense systems and pose a threat to US Forces across ground, air, and sea. Developing counter measures, as well as missiles of our own will provide the United States with the deterrence needed to prevent an attack against its forces and help maintain its place as the dominant global force.
This symposium will feature senior level discussions that emphasize the critical need for the rapid acquisition and development of hypersonic capabilities
across all services. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation's most difficult technical and strategic challenges.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information
The 2020 DoD Hypersonic Capabilities Symposium
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Early Exhibitors: Northrop Grumman, Space Information Laboratories
2020 Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Honorable Ellen M. Lord, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment
- Gen. Stephen Wilson, USAF, Vice Chief of Staff, United States Air Force
- VADM Johnny Wolfe Jr., USN, Director, Strategic Systems Programs
- Michael E. White, SES, Assistant Director, Hypersonics, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- Dr. Yvette S. Weber, SES, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Science, Technology and Engineering
- Bob Strider, SES, Deputy Director, Army Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office, Deputy, Army Hypersonic Project Office
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Symposium Agenda of this event.
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USA
Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate at the:SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
(two walking blocks from the mary m. gates learning center)Click Here
to Book Your corporate Rate for Defense Strategies InstituteParking:
There is parking available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Enter at lobby level and request a day parking ticket.
(There is no parking at the Learning Center for delegates, and street parking is limited to 2 hours)