What is OPEX in Financial Services?Operational Excellence in Financial Services Summit
is a must-attend event for thought leaders in OPEX, change management & transformation, who are looking to be ahead of the competition in the continuously changing financial services industry.OPEX in Financial Services
is tailor-made to tackle the challenges in your industry. Thought leaders and innovators will present their cutting-edge ideas on increasing business efficiency, streamlining processes, and becoming a digitally enabled powerhouse.
Learn from revolutionary case studies and workshops, network with the visionaries behind them, and equip yourself to be an industry leader. To attend the most influential financial services industry conference in North America, book your place now, and join us on April 20th - 22nd 2020.
What Happens At OPEX in Financial Services?
- A VARIETY OF LEARNING FORMATS: OPEX in Financial Services boasts a wide range of learning formats including topic lead tracks, interactive discussion groups, workshops, panel discussions and more. All which can be customized to create the perfect agenda for you!
- THE EXPERIENCE: You're not just going be sat in a conference room at OPEX in Financial Services. There is plenty of time to work the crowd during our dedicated networking breaks and lunches, plus our exclusive evening drinks receptions.
- THE LOCATION: We are back in the heart of the vibrant city of New Orleans, LA at the Hyatt Regency! The event is a stone throws from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport finding ourselves in the heart of the world famous French Quarter.
Brand new and exclusive for 2020:
- Women in OPEX leadership - professional development and driving diversity
- Establishing an effective Process Center of Excellence
- The strategy behind running a cost-neutral transformation program
- Choose the right toolbox of technology to compliment your OPEX program
- Quantify the true ROI of technology to improve process inefficiencies
- Starting on a business transformation journey and mastering OPEX in the early stages
- Respond faster to complex, time consuming regulation tasks with OPEX
- Multi-platform strategy for streamlining tools that support broader transformation
- The potential of blockchain: Process improvement in a new financial services ecosystem
- 360 Degree focus session: A multi-perspective approach to OPEX
A Glimpse into the 2020 Speaking Faculty
- Calvin St Juste, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
- Michael Morales, Executive Director, Performance Improvement Director, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Dwight Harris, Senior Vice President, Citi Bank
- Angela Lopez, Vice President, Innovation Strategy Manager, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Alisha Kale, Vice President, Business Process Engineer, Wells Fargo
- Heather Klemmer, Director - COO Program Coordination & Execution, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Monica Maria Sanchez, Chief Information Officer and Executive Vice President, United Automobile Insurance Company
- Rajesh Iyer, Vice President of Software Engineering, Barclays
- Jordan Benis, Director Performance Management, PNC Bank
- Chris DeBrusk, Managing Director, Head of Transformation, BNY Mellon
- Jen Li, First Vice President, Process Design Manager, East West Bank
- Ekaterina Curry, Global Head of Ratings Operations, S&P Global Ratings
- Steven Hall, Vice President, Process Excellence Leader, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Himanshu Kalkar, Vice President, Enterprise Analytics & Insights, AI Strategy, Fidelity Investments
- Raju Deshpande, Senior Vice President, Director of Operational Excellence & Change Execution, East West Bank
- Scott Hoglund, Senior Director of US Card Emerging Technology & Transformation, Discover Financial Services
- Serena Ness, Director, Digital Transformation, BNY Mellon
- Kelly McNeil, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives & Operations Program Manager, Fulton Financial Corporation
- Peter Serzo, Vice President, Enterprise Architect, Comerica Bank
- Michael Meyer, Vice President, Customer Experience & Operational Excellence, Greater New York Mutual Insurance Companies
- Chelsea Gaillard, Vice President, Senior Continuous Improvement Manager, Rabobank North America
- Robert Wong, Assistant Vice President, Continuous Improvement Change Leader, Voya Financial
- Melissa Morello, Assistant Vice President & Process Improvement Consultant, PNC
- Jean Gehring, Former Vice President & Chief Architect, Fulton Financial Corporation
- David Marlow, Director of Transformation & Innovation, Northwestern Mutual
- Chinmaya Yerramilli, Senior Director, Operational Excellence - Consumer Banking, Discover Financial Services
- Ryan Davis, Director of Process Improvement, Arvest Bank
- Arindam Majumdar, Director ERM Analytics and Reporting, Bank of the Ozarks
- Kush Pathak, Assistant Vice President, Lean Center of Excellence, Standard Insurance Company
- Shruti Kakar, Change Management Lead GFTS - Governance & Data Analytics, Citi Bank
- Joshua Beaudry, President & Automation Director, LPSTK
- Michael Koor, Director, Agile Catalyst - Transformation Office, BMO Financial Group
- Michel Farmer, Director, Operational Efficiency, Development Bank of Canada
- Ken Farer, Former Senior Director, Lean Management, S&P Global
- Manas Tripathy, Head of Transformation and Delivery, Wells Fargo
- Scott MacIntye, Senior Catalyst, Vanguard
- Jason Chase, Head of Lean Management, T. Rowe Price
- Kyle Beam, Senior Process Improvement Advisor, Arvest Bank
- Norman Wren, Former Director of Technology & Operations, Santander UK
- Robert Thacker, Director - Global Enablement, iGrafx
: April 20, 2020Main Conference
: April 21-22, 2020
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueHyatt Regency New Orleans
601 Loyola Ave, 70113
New Orleans, LA, USAWebsitePhone
: +1 504-561-1234Accommodation
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we always strive to secure a special rate for participants attending the event. More details will be available soon.