Over the past years, renewable energy has become a hot topic all around the world. Europe has been facing a massive growth in renewable energy production, which is forecast to grow twice as fast as the energy from non-renewable resources (coal and gas combined) in the upcoming years. And the offshore wind power is the fastest growing market within the entire renewable energy industry.
The growth of offshore wind and interconnection mean that subsea power cables are an increasingly vital part of our energy system. The growing importance of subsea cables creates new opportunities for manufacturers, installers and services provides but also creates new challenges for cable protection, cable installation, cable inspection and improve cable maintenance. The key to developing innovative solutions for deploying and maintaining cables, which will enhance the sustainability and efficiency of this market, is delving into industry's unique experience in subsea cables.Offshore Power Cable Engineering and Reliability Forum
brings together key experts from the wind power community globally to discuss the current challenges in continuous risk assessment for cables, cable burial, route optimization, cost reduction, cable repairs, operation and maintenance, and life extension in order to identify best practices. It will showcase real practical examples on what the industry can do to produce optimized solution across the board with regards to survey, burial, engineering, installation, protection, and repair and explore new areas of innovation and techniques for cost reduction. This event provides a unique platform to exchange ideas, network with key representatives from the offshore wind power community and exchange experience to successfully master offshore power cable and installation, maintenance, protection and repair processes.
The Offshore Power Cable Engineering and Reliability Forum
will feature the prominent experts in offshore power cable development from the leading European countries and industries, as well as the owners and operators will exchange experience with engineers from nations that have future plans to implement.
This two-day senior-level meeting will offer the ideal opportunities for networking and one-on-one meetings and interaction, making the most out of offshore power cables engineering and reliability.
Key Learning Benefits
- Insight on the future of offshore power cable: market and new trends
- Learning about the recent successful techniques on improving cable maintenance and reliability
- Understanding what digital innovations and technology advancement can be employed now to increase performance and reduce cost
- Learning about risk mitigation for offshore power cables to avoid mistakes and high costs
- Understand the recent cable protection and asset life optimization techniques
- Jean Charvet, Project Manager Asset Management Submarine Cable
- Sean Kelly, Director
- Jakub Vastmans, Interim Director of Service Product Management
- Mike McLachlan, Renewables Business Line Director
- John Davies, Director Seabed Intervention
- Venkata Chalapathi, Senior Lead Engineer - Cables, Vattenfall
- Carl Erik Hillesund, Head of Department-Cable Technology, Statnett SF
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Draft Agenda of this event.
VenueArt Nouveau Palace Hotel
Panska 897/12, 110 00
Prague, Czech Republic