Atmospheric icing has a significant impact on the development and the operation of wind turbines
. Ice on the rotor blades disturbs the aerodynamics and thus causes production losses and increased noise emissions. Depending on the requirements from local authorities wind turbine
operators have to prevent ice throw from the turbines leading to additional downtimes and production losses. Thus, an optimized and efficient operation of wind turbines
under icing conditions has become a very important topic over the last couple of years.
The impact of icing on wind turbines
and energy production in different regions is a severe problem. Therefore, emphasis on developing ice mitigation systems has become a significant part of the wind energy conversion systems. These systems use various technologies and have different specifications, sometimes with no clear indication of their efficiency. Since the effect of cold climate on wind turbines
is complex, not every ice protection system is suitable for a given wind farm. Therefore, the aim of this forum is to compare the existing ice mitigation solutions and provide an indication on their efficiency.
In this Wind Turbine Icing and Ice Prevention Forum
, we intend to effectively Identifying the key Anti-icing and De-icing solution strategies for wind Turbines
, Identify benefits associated with the prevention of ice on a turbine’s aerodynamic performance, Identifying ways to maximize energy production while minimizing risk to the structural integrity of the wind Turbines
and Ice mitigating solution Strategies with Ice Protection Techniques and System.
The event will dissect most recent standards set by experts, and the major issues associated with wind energy in cold climates. Then, we present the ice protection techniques found with this digital age, and also highlight the recent research on the issues such discovering cost-efficient solutions to cut productivity losses related to wind Turbines
, Identifying ways of reducing maintenance cost associated with Wind Turbine
Icing prevention, Drones de-icing wind turbine
blade, wind turbine
throw ice, De-Icing Wind Turbines
and optimization of the systems. Finally, we present an analysis of the current market, compare ice protection techniques and systems, based on various criteria, and measure the additional costs generated by ice mitigation. Also touch key issues such as Window power, Ice prevention, Windmill, Icing phenomenon and Green energy.
In this forum, you will discover cost-efficient solutions to cut the productivity losses related to wind turbines icing
. The sessions are set up to be interactive for the attendees to get involved into the experience-sharing process and to tackle existing problems in real-time discussions.
Use your chance to get the most out of the great bench-marking, networking and business opportunities!
Wind Turbine Icing and Ice Prevention Forum - Meeting Summary:
- 2 days - Interactive sessions, panel discussions, networking & experience exchange
- Expert speakers - Industry leading companies, thought leaders
- Attendees - limited number high-level participation
Wind Turbine Icing and Ice Prevention Forum - Topics and Discussions:
- Wind Power in Cold Climate
- Synergies between Wind Turbine and Drone Icing
- Condition Monitoring System for wind Turbine in Icing Conditions
- The Concept and Potential of Icephobic Coatings
- Risk Assessment for Ice Fall and Ice Throw
- Ice Detection for De-icing of Wind Turbines
- Anti-icing and De-icing Technology for Wind Turbines in Cold climate
- Identifying benefits associated with the prevention of ice on a turbine's aerodynamic performance
- Ice mitigating solution Strategies(s)
- Ice Protection Techniques and Systems
Key Learning Benefits
- Identify major key ice mitigating strategies
- Discover cost-efficient solutions to cut productivity losses related to wind Turbines
- Get insight on competent ways of presenting preventive strategies to wind Turbines icing negative effects
- Participants will be able to prevent icing-related safety issues from case studies
- Learn how to minimize icing related operation and management costs
- Insight on newer tools and techniques being applied
- Discussions about the challenges and strategies of maintenance and service in icing climates
- Participants will share their view of the development perspectives of the existing anti-icing solutions.