VA Healthcare Summit has been Postponed - we will now be hosting the conference in November 2020 with the exact date to be confirmed in the coming weeks - Current Attendees will be able to access our Online Event at no cost May 18-19.
Serving Our Veterans: Modernizing and Streamlining Healthcare Services
Welcome to the 11th VA Healthcare Summit!
Upon entering its second decade of success and growth, We would like to thank all of the past speakers, sponsors, partners and attendees for making VA Healthcare Summit the de facto annual gathering for anyone who wants to be in-the-know about the latest developments at the VA. The 11th VA Healthcare Summit 2020
is set to be the biggest iteration yet with the traditional mix of rich content, exclusive networking and professional development opportunities that will once again make it a can't-miss event this year.
The Secretary recently outlined five key priorities for the VA which include; giving veterans greater choice about where and how they receive health care, modernizing the VA enterprise, reducing wait times for services, improving resource management and preventing suicide. VA Healthcare Summit will gather keynote speakers from the VA to discuss these priorities and outline the strategies and requirements to achieve these goals, enabling our attendees to align their own plans and objectives with the needs of the VA.
Attendees at the VA Healthcare Summit
have diverse backgrounds and a wide range of different professional development needs. For healthcare practitioners, this event provides Continuing Medical Education credits to develop the knowledge, skills and professional performance abilities to better serve their patients. For healthcare industry professionals, it provides a unique opportunity to listen to and network with a select pool of VA and industry executives in order to build lasting and fruitful professional relationships.
There is no substitute for this annual opportunity to meet peers and thought leaders face-to-face for knowledge gathering and networking. In our exhibit hall, attendees can also anticipate hands-on demonstrations of new solutions and the opportunity to benchmark and have technical questions answered in person by experts.
The VA Healthcare Summit 2020
team has been working hard to create a rich environment for our attendees which will enhance not only their experience on site but also expand their knowledge on the pressing VA healthcare challenges and increase their professional circle by connecting with like-minded people. We look forward to seeing you at the VA Healthcare Summit 2020
Note: Although the subject matter of this conference relates to VA healthcare, this is a non-VA event. We are solely responsible for its content and neither the Department of Veterans Affairs nor any of its components (VHA, VBA) have sponsored or endorsed this event or the organiser.
New Vision - One Amazing Event!
- EXPERT LED EXPERTS: Some topics need more than 45 minutes. Come listen to the top three topics of the events; Substance Abuse, Patient Experience, and Acquisition Updates. All broken out into more detail and with more information.
- LEADERSHIP KEYNOTES: Listen to leadership within the VA discuss the future of healthcare and benefit delivery for our Nations Veterans in order to understand the strategic goals within the VA.
- TRACK SESSIONS: These sessions give you the option to choice your session. Create an agenda that is customized to what is most important to you, whether your interest in Clinical Care or Information Technology Related!
- HEALTHHQ: Discover a dedicated VA space within the Exhibit Hall to help you facilitate more conversations with those who matter most.
2020 Speaker Faculty
- Margarita Devlin, MA, CRC, Principal Deputy Under Secretary for Benefits, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Gerard Cox, Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Organizational Excellence, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Deborah Lafer Scher, Executive Advisor to the Secretary, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Angela Billups, Ph.D, Executive Director, Office of Acquisition and Logistics, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Drew Myklegard, Executive Director Demand Management, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Lauren Alexanderson, Health Product and Design Lead, Office of Information Technology Department of Veterans Affairs
- Rosemary Williams, Former Assistant Secretary of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Candace Brandmayr, Director of Engineering Services Division, Technology Acquisition Center, VA
- David Fuller, Chief, Data Analytics Division, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Mark Bowman, Executive Director, Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs
- Lourdes E. 'Alfie' Alvarado-Ramos, Director, WA Department of Veterans Affairs
- Lori Smith, Director, Procurement Services, Strategic Acquisition Center, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Ryan Vega, Executive Director, VHA Innovation Ecosystem
- Marc Wine, Senior Adviser Health IT, Office of Information & Technology, U.S.Department of Veterans Affair Headquarters (Invited)
- Donn Latimer, Chief Data Analytics Division (Supply Chain), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Michael Renfrow, Deputy Director for Patient Experience, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Ronald Przygodzki, Director, Genomic Medicine, Office of Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Anne Dunn, Deputy Director VHA Homeless Programs, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Sumitra Muralidhar, Program Director, Million Veteran Program; Office of Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Colonel James Lynch, Sports Medicine Physician, United States Special Operations Command
- Beth Ripley, Enterprise Lead, VHA 3D Printing Network Initiative, VHA Innovation Ecosystem
- Joseph Vitti, Supervisor, VNSNY Hospice's Veterans, Visiting Nurse Service of NY
- Rosemary Baughn, Senior Vice President of Hospice and Palliative Care, Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- Major (R) Toni Hightower, PX Coach, Veterans Experience Office
- Dr. Preeti John, Critical Care & Palliative Care Surgeon, VA Maryland Health Care System
- Dr. Mark Willis, MDR and Compliance, Willis QS Consulting
- Austin Hagerty, Chief Data Scientist, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Moritz Steller, Data Science Architect, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Julia Rollison, Policy Researcher, RAND Corporation
- Abby Rosenberg, Program Manager, Aptive Resources
- Osterholm Torrie, Director of Psychological Health, DC Army National Guard
- Dr. Frederic Seifer, Medical Director of Population Health, St. Lawrence Health System
- Melissa Jackson, Chief Executive Officer, Vermont Veterans' Home
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.Accommodation
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
More information to follow...Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.