Note: This event was originally planned for 23-25 June and has now been rescheduled
New Date: 10-12 November 2020
Renewing the Surface Fleet with Flexible and Versatile Vessels
The Warships & OPV Latin America Conference
is a forum for discussion on ship design priorities and emerging requirements to strengthen fleet versatility and retain high readiness for the full spectrum of maritime operations. Given the commonality of maritime hemispheric challenges, the conference examines cost-effective ways to manage the renewal and acquisition of naval platforms with updated technologies, advance multi-mission modularity, and enhance indigenous shipbuilding capability. As an international strategic platform, it offers a comprehensive account of geostrategic issues shaping doctrine and requirements for the future fleet and facilitates dialogue between navies, coast guards, national shipyards, and industry.
Over the course of 3 days, the event will address operational requirements for current operations, anticipated platform modernisation and ongoing procurement plans, as well as emerging requirements for specialist vessels.
Since its inception in 2012, the Warships & OPV Latin America conference
has grown to become the premier meeting ground for the Higher Naval Commands of the region, attracting over 150 senior officials including Navy Commanders, Directors of Materiel, Heads of Strategic Programs, capability planners, shipyard Directors, as well as leading solution providers. Previous meetings were hosted by Brazil (2018) Chile (2017), Peru (2016), Ecuador (2015), Colombia (2014) and Brazil (2012 and 2013).
Benefits of Attending:
- Improve your understanding of Latin American procurement programmes and emerging requirements to formulate winning business proposals with local shipyards
- Advance fleet versatility and multimission modularity for the full spectrum of maritime operations by meeting with leading OEMs and sub-system solution-providers
- Achieve interoperability for combined operations by learning about software compatibility and open architectures for legacy platforms
- Enhance situational awareness by gaining a better understanding of scalable tactical control systems, advanced sensor systems, and combat management system modernisation
- Meet with all of the higher naval commands of the region and OEMs in one place to gain insights on emerging RFIs and tenders
The Leading Event for the Latin American Maritime Community
- 150 Attendees
- 14+ Hours Reserved For Networking
- 10+ Sponsors
- 30 Speakers
"Very valuable. It allowed to know programs of constructions, new capacities, spaces of collaboration and experiences of others."
- Vice Admiral Giancarlo Stagno Canziani, ASMAR, Attendee 2017
"It was very important to receive experiences and knowledge of other Latin American Armed Forces"
Javier Arturo Cubero Vargas, Commander, Puerto More Coast Guard of Costa Rica, Attendee 2017
2020 Conference Chairmen
- Admiral Jorge Montoya Manrique, Former Chief of Defence of Peru, Conference Chairman
2020 Host Nation Speakers
- Admiral Fernando Raul Cerdan Ruiz, Commander-in-Chief, Peruvian Navy
- Rear Admiral Federico Javier Bravo De Rueda Delgado, Executive Director, SIMA Peru
- Rear Admiral Jorge Portocarrero, Commander, Peruvian Coast Guard
2020 Speaker Faculty
- Admiral Carlos Eduardo Abilleira Aris, Commander, Uruguayan Navy
- Admiral Jose Rafael Ojeda Duran, Secretary of the Navy, SEMAR - Mexico (Pending Presidential Authorisation)
- Vice Admiral (Ret'd) Edesio Teixeira Lima Junior, CEO, EMGEPRON
- Vice Admiral Manuel Antonio Martinez Ruiz, Director Engineering and Naval Shipbuilding, Spanish Navy
- Rear Admiral Oscar Dario Tascon Munoz, President, COTECMAR
- Rear Admiral Angel Eugenio Fonseca Donaire, Chief of the Naval Force,, Nicaraguan Armed Forces (Subject to Final Confirmation)
- Air Commodore Darryl Daniel, Chief of Defence Staff, Trinidad & Tobago Defence Force (Pending Ministerial Authorisation)
- Captain Jose Jorge Fortin Aguilar Jose Jorge Fortin Aguilar, Commander, Honduran Naval Force
- Captain Camilo Delgado Montenegro, General Director, ASTINAVE
- Captain Michael Davanzo, Chief of Cutter Forces, US Coast Guard
- Captain Pablo Sepulveda, Defence Attache, Chilean Embassy in Peru, Chilean Navy
- Commandant Javier Arturo Cubero Vargas, Official Director of Puerto Mora, Costa Rica Coast Guard
- Commander Stuart Royston, Naval Advisor, Defence & Security Organisation, UK Department for International Trade
- Professor Guy Thomas, Director, C-SIGMA Centre
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.Accommodation
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
More information to follow...Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the HotelMap link provided; this shows live availability and rates for all hotels in the area and allows you to book directly with the hotel of your choice within your budget.