In light of the transitory global situation with 2019-nCoV virus and the precautionary recommendations by the Thai Public Health Ministry for travellers from affected countries (including South Korea, China, Macau, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran) to self-quarantine, SGO and ARE as co-organizers have decided to postpone this event to a later date.
Information about the re-scheduled conference will be published on this website once plans are finalized. We anticipate the event will be re-scheduled for Q4 2020 or early spring 2021.
Optimizing microgrids for renewables integration, energy reliability, and rural/island communities
Southeast Asian countries will invest $9.8 billion in smart grid infrastructure between 2018 and 2027. The region's development will be propelled by a handful of leading countries that have made smart grid investment a key pillar of their energy futures. By 2027, the largest markets will be Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines and Vietnam. The market for microgrids and battery storage in particular will experience high levels of growth as countries seek solutions for remote and island communities. The time is now to position your company for success in this burgeoning market.
The 12th Microgrid Global Innovation Forum - Southeast Asia
, April 22-23, 2020 in Bangkok brings together thought leaders, utilities, energy providers, project managers and other stakeholders for two days of focused networking and information sharing concerning the latest technological developments, design, implementation and operation of hybrid renewable energy microgrids. The emphasis is on maximizing the business case for microgrids, integration of renewable energy, and sharing real-world case studies of both grid-tied and off-grid/remote systems.
Countries such as Thailand are making a concerted effort to service remote and off-grid locations with solar and other renewable energy resources. The time is now to move toward decarbonizing the energy mix in developing regions such as Southeast Asia. Join us in Bangkok next April to see how your company can play an integral - and profitable - role in this seismic energy shift.
Topics to be covered include:
- Microgrid feasibility, design, and implementation
- Community-run microgrids and powerplants & community-private partnerships for microgrids
- Innovations in increasing uptake of productive uses and appliances of microgrids
- Digital technologies and payment methods for microgrids
- Innovations for microgrid site selection
- Solar + storage systems for off-grid village environments
- Ownership models and benefits for multiple stakeholders - public-private partnerships
- Microgrids for communities in rural, remote, and island regions
- Smart metering and power control technologies
- Integration of microgrids into the larger grid
- Determining the correct technology mix for hybrid energy systems
- Project financing and economics: Attracting adequate funding
- Advanced battery, fuel cell, and energy storage technologies
- Off-grid systems for mining and off-shore applications
- Enabling technologies and advances for optimizing performance and control
- Regulatory and public policy considerations for microgrid advancement
- Standards and interoperability issues
- Market drivers and opportunities in Asia / Southeast Asia
- Maximizing renewables penetration and reducing carbon footprint
Connect with Project Financers, Developers and Regulators -- The Forum is a unique opportunity to connect with finance professionals and regulators looking to enable viable microgrid projects in Asia / Southeast Asia. Project developers, IPPs and EPCs will be looking to establish relations with financial, business, regulatory and technology experts with insights and services to share.
In-Depth Presentations and Panel Sessions -- Don't skim the surface or sit through product pitches. Presentations at the Forum are carefully reviewed for objectivity, timeliness and depth of treament. Ample time is reserved for audience discussion and Q&A
Real-World Case Studies and Lessons Learned -- Learn key take-aways from leading microgrid projects and how to apply them in various off-grid and grid-connected scenarios
Results Oriented -- Examine technology advances at the forefront of microgrid optimization, such as solar + storage. Interact with project principals and get up to speed on best practices and success strategies.
Objective and Comprehensive -- This is not a user group meeting. Enabling microgrid solutions from across the spectrum will be discussed by leading industry practioners.
Who Should Attend?
- Project developers and innovators
- Utilities and independent power producers
- Solar PV, wind power, CHP, and renewable energy companies
- Government agencies, institutions and communities interested in microgrid deployment
- Power control system and software vendors
- Battery suppliers and energy storage companies
- Regulatory and policy development professionals
- Researchers, educators, and professors focusing on sustainable energy
- Finance and VC professionals
- System integrators, service providers and consultants