The 5th Annual Grid Modernization Forum
, May 18-20, 2020 in Chicago, closely examines lessons learned to date by industry leaders pushing the fronters of grid modernization and reliability. Key technology innovators and executives will come together to share perspectives on how best to leverage smart grid investment, effectively engage customers, and meet the challenges of the changing energy ecosystem.
Case studies of improved network performance, resiliency, outage restoration, and distributed energy resource (DER) integration will be examined with an eye toward determining best practices and evaluating technology advances for possible implementation. As in prior years, this is a unique opportunity to network with top industry professionals who are leading the way toward effective grid modernization and the integrated, interoperable, resilient energy network of tomorrow.
Topics to be Addressed Include:
- Evaluating and deploying emerging technologies
- Managing and integrating distributed energy resources
- Energy storage advances for improved grid performance and flexibility
- Achieving the end-to-end Digital Utility vision
- Best practices and strategies for enhancing grid responsiveness and reliability
- Blockchain applications for the energy industry
- Advanced communications networks for next-gen services and apps
- Network architectures for the evolving energy ecosystem
- Advanced grid sensing, measurement and control technologies
- Enabling consumer choice while controlling costs and enhancing efficiency
- Microgrids as a strategy for utilities and C&I customers going forward
- Cybersecurity challenges and real-time response to disruptions
- Design and grid modeling tools
- Transactive Energy and other models for next-gen services
- Potential changes to existing regulatory models
- Vehicle-to-grid and other key EV developments
- De-carbonizing the network and integrating carbon pricing into market structures
image Illinois' Grid Modernization Leadership: Illinois is ranked 2nd in the nation for its grid modernization policies, investments, and activities, according to the most recent National Grid Modernization Index.* This -- plus the recent NextGrid initiative by the Illinois Commerce Commission -- makes Illinois an ideal location to learn from the leaders at the vanguard of grid modernization today.
In-Depth Education, Focused Networking: A careful balance of in-depth presentations together with ample time for networking make this Forum an ideal opportunity to learn the very latest advances and establish relationships with key executives.
Reality-Based Success Strategies: The emphasis throughout is on the real-world case studies and best practices for delivering cost savings, integrating renewables, driving efficiency, and maximizing customer engagement.
Latest and Greatest: Technology innovators, startups, and industry leaders will be discussing the very latest tech advances and applications for taking the network to the next level of excellence.
- Network strategies and executives at investor-owned, municipal, and rural utilities
- Grid operations engineers and directors
- Service and network planners
- Consultants and system integrators
- Regulatory and policymakers
- Technology innovators and equipment vendors
- Energy storage, communications, and power control solutions providers
- Government agency representatives
- Researchers and university professionals
- Renewable energy providers and technology vendors
- Financial and investment industry professionals
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueChicago Conference Center
205 W. Wacker Drive, 60605
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Located in downtown Chicago's Loop, the Chicago Conference Center is steps away from the city's magnificent lakefront with world-renowned Millennium and Grant Parks, marvelous museums, restaurants and retail shopping.