Findings has proven that the subsea cable market is currently increasing and extensively booming. Recent years have seen a significant increase in the use, length and capacity of submarine power cables in various sectors. In the offshore wind sector, for example, an important driver behind this increase is the transition to renewable energy resources. Any failure in such a submarine cable has a huge impact and repair costs are immense due to the inaccessible locations and specialised resources required.
With continuous developments in the offshore wind sector along with ground-breaking subsea cable technologies, submarine power cable
market is poised to witness a remarkable growth over the coming years. Today, several power suppliers and governments are shifting their preferences toward renewable energy sources like offshore wind power and even oil & gas companies are adopting new procedures to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and exploit new fields. Growing number of renewable energy projects and escalating penetration across other submarine applications will offer considerable boost to submarine power cable industry outlook.
This year's Advance Submarine Power Cable and Interconnection conference
will focus on the cutting edge thinking that is emerging across the world to address big issues involving Submarine Power Cable fault, Cable installation and Interconnections, Power Cable design and technology. It brings together key experts from subsea community globally to discuss the current challenges in risks, cost reduction, cable technology and life extension in order to identify best practices. It will showcase real practical examples on what the industry can do to produce optimized solution across the board with regards to survey, route, engineering, manufacturing, installation, protection, and repair. Also explore new areas of innovation & techniques for cost reduction in interconnections.
The conference is gearing up to provide attendees with seminal insights for some of the hotspot topics centred on HVDC and submarine power cable for a successful operation within a digitally shifted landscape across different countries. The forum is scheduled to explore the innovative tools and techniques that have been developed as a result of the growing demand for subsea power cables and interconnection. These cables are most common to transfer electricity from renewable energy sources including wind, wave and tidal. Advance Submarine Power Cable and Interconnection Forum
will bring together more than 70 senior practitioners and industry experts from across the sector to help identify and understand Submarine Installation processes and systems, Submarine Cable Failure reduction techniques, Recognizing smart solutions to subsea power cable needs and Identifying the major costs and risk reduction techniques in connection with submarine cables. These main market players will share their ideas and experience throughout the 2-day case studies, interactive plenaries, workshops, networking & experience exchange. The small-scale nature of the event, expert speakers and balanced spectrum of attending companies will ensure extensive networking and business opportunities as all attendees will have an opportunity for deep involvement and can actively participate in the discussions in order to overcome relevant challenges and have influence on the overall industry development.
The forum will offer the ideal space for networking with industry players; senior managers, decision-makers, practitioners and representatives from subsea community and exchange experience to successfully master submarine power cable & interconnection processes.
Advanced Submarine Power Cable and Interconnection Forum - Meeting Summary
- 2 days - Interactive sessions, panel discussions, networking & experience exchange
- Expert speakers - Industry leading companies, thought leaders
- Attendees - limited number high-level participation
Advanced Submarine Power Cable and Interconnection Forum - Topics and Discussions
- Cable survey and installation techniques
- Cable asset health monitoring and inspection
- Next-gen subsea routes and burial
- Evolution of cable tech and design
- Cable installation procedures and processes
- Cable protection techniques
- Enhancing submarine cable security and reliability
- Subsea cable engineering
- Cable failure detection and repair
Key Learning Benefits
- Gain practical insight on cable failure mitigating techniques
- Give insights on ways of protecting and repairing of cables in terms of cable failures
- Understand the importance of cable testing and impact on cable reliability
- Give a clear picture of the new EU regulations and infrastructure developments
- Gain insights on the guidance of standards and best practices for surveying, route selection and installation selection.
- Learn how to define survey specifications to meet stakeholders' requirements.
- Understand how to deliver a clear overview of the cable cost and risk reduction techniques