EVENT UPDATE: With new guidance issued over the weekend and communication this morning with government offices, we will postpone the DoD/VA & GOV Health IT Summit until July 8 & 9 at the same venue.
The 18th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
is designed as a "Town Hall" style forum that focuses on the DoD, VA and Federal's efforts at facilitating an affordable, interoperable and modernized health IT environment. This event will discuss acquisition priorities and current innovations in technology that are being integrated across the DoD, VA, and Federal Government to further enable a compatible, innovative, & secure electronic health record system for all active duty & veterans.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD
Topics to be Covered at the 2020 Summit:
- Developing an affordable, innovative, secure HIT environment in support of combatant commands, service members, Veterans, and their families
- Guiding the implementation of MHS Genesis for high-quality healthcare delivery that improves patient safety & quality
- Ensuring the EHR modernization and integration is seamless, secure, & interoperable
- Facilitating an effective MHS transition that supports the lethality of the force and sustains high quality medical care throughout the enterprise
- Striving to maximize the contributions of small business in DHA acquisitions
- Optimizing the delivery of HIT solutions to the MHS through exceptional information & technology
- Ensuring the global delivery of quality, cost-effective healthcare to Warfighter & their Families
- Collaborating with VA's business partners, customers, in order to strategically create the best experience for all veterans
- Prioritizing AI R&D to improve Veterans' health & public health initiatives
Why You Should Attend this Summit
At our 18th Annual DoD/VA and Government HIT Summit
, representatives from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, academia, and private industry will convene in a 'Town-Hall' type setting for the opportunity to further explain how their organization is currently trying to integrate emerging technologies for a connected Federal health IT approach.
This Summit will detail the various efforts being undertaken across the Federal Government, Military Services, and industry that are aiming to deliver a collaborative, innovative, & secure health care system that ensures Warfighter readiness, improves the safety & quality of care to our nation's Veterans, and lowers the overall cost of providing this specialized healthcare. At the DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, you will have the opportunity to sit in on intuitive discussions and network with the senior leaders and relevant stakeholders in the community tasked with making a compatible electronic record system for the DoD & VA a reality. This event will also feature a panel discussion on the recent emergence of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence at the VA that is aiming to help improve the health outcomes for our nation's heroes.
The 2020 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
attendees will be able to learn, share, and connect with our invited senior level speakers and delegates, as our event will provide a unique viewpoint into the current efforts to deliver a modernized healthcare system that enables actionable, precise decision-making and includes the opportunities and challenges associated with shaping the future of health & healthcare delivery for the MHS. It will also provide an update on where and when MHS Genesis will be going live across the U.S.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
Top 2020 Confirmed Speakers:
- Paul R. Lawrence, Ph.D., Under Secretary for Benefits, VA
- John Windom, SES, Executive Director, VA Electronic Health Record Modernization
- William J. Tinston, SES, Program Executive Officer, PEO Defense Healthcare Management Systems
- Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, Executive Director, Office of Technical Integration, Office of Information and Technology (OIT) U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Karen L. Brazell, SES, & Other Senior Representatives, Principal Executive Director & Chief Acquisition Officer, OAL&C, VA
- Dr. Neil C. Evans, Chief Officer, Office of Connected Health Veterans Health Administration
- COL Francisco Dominicci, USA, Chief, Solution Delivery Division, Defense Health Agency
- CAPT Joseph Cohn, USN, Ph.D., Chief, Research Program Division, J9, DHA
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USA
Hotel rooms available at a discounted rate at:
SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314Hotel Discount Reservation Link
(Two walking blocks to venue)
THE ALEXANDRIAN, AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION HOTEL
4480 King St, Alexandria VA
Hotel Discount Reservation LinkParking
There is NO parking available at the Conference Center, and street parking is limited to 2 hours.
Please Note: Parking is NO LONGER AVAILABLE at the former Crowne Plaza Hotel (901 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA
Parking is available for a fee nearby at:
Waterfront At Old Town (One block away)
226 Montgomery St
Alexandria, VA 22314, US
$11 Daily Max - CASH ONLY
Canal Center (Three blocks away)
44 Canal Center Plaza
Alexandria, VA 22314
$10 Daily Max
Washington Square (Four blocks away)
652 Wythe St
Alexandria, VA 22314
$13 Daily Max