POSTPONED: The Urban Operations Summit will be back soon with new dates.
The 2020 Urban Operations Summit will provide a forum for members of DoD, law enforcement, private industry, and academia to highlight the tools, techniques, and training necessary for warfighters to successfully navigate conflicts in dense urban landscapes. Speakers will address the development of innovative policies and capabilities ahead of future conflicts in urban subterranean environments and megacities.
This Year's Topics of Discussion Include:
- Addressing the Changing Operational Environment and Future Urban Fight
- Examining the Complex and Diverse Nature of Urban Operations
- Developing Technologies Equipped to Support Warfighters in Megacity Environments
- Preparing for Subterranean Warfare
- Leveraging Innovative ISR Capabilities to Improve Situational Awareness in Urban Landscapes
- Preparing for the Complexities of Urban and Subterranean Warfare Through Innovative, Collaborative Training Exercises
Why You Should Attend this Year's Summit:
Our Urban Operations Summit
will provide the latest updates on US efforts to modernize military strategies, tools, and training initiatives ahead of future urban conflicts. This forum will convene senior-level officials from throughout the US Army, US Marines, metropolitan governments, and academia to share their unique insights into the challenges of urban operations.
The population of megacities is continuing to grow across the globe. It is becoming increasingly likely that the future fight will be fought on an urban battlefield. However, our military has not faced a similar operational environment in decades, necessitating a shift in training and doctrine across the military services. Our summit's speakers will examine the strategies and capabilities for enhancing situational awareness, maneuverability, lethality, and training exercises in city landscapes. Furthermore, the event will highlight the challenges of subterranean warfare and the technologies urgently needed by warfighters to ensure they can effectively operate across surface, super surface and subsurface environments.
Attendees at our Urban Operations Summit
will have a unique opportunity to engage in open and honest conversations with key decision-makers from across the DoD about navigating conflicts in modern megacities. Attendees will gain valuable insights into the military technology acquisition process and will hear about the solutions urgently needed by our government to ensure we are prepared for future threats we may face at home or abroad.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the defense community, including operational leaders, intelligence providers, key policymakers and solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
The Urban Operations Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
2020 Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Dr. Russell Glenn, Director, Plans and Policy, G-2, US Army Training and Doctrine Command
- COL Douglas Winton, Ph.D, USA, Chair, Department of Military Strategy, Planning, and Operations, US Army War College
- Col Wendell Leimbach, Jr., USMC, Director, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
- Col Kris Stillings, USMC (Ret), Director, Experimentation Division, Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory, Marine Corps Combat Development Command
- Dr. Robert Davis, Chief Scientist, Geospatial Research and Engineering, US Army Engineering Research and Development Center
- Robert Hesse, Subterranean and Dense Urban Environment Working Group Operations Lead, CCDC Armaments Center
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueAmerican Institute of Architects
1735 New York Ave NW,
Hotel: Event attendees are responsible for their own accommodations.
Parking: Parking details will be provided to registrants one week before the event in the "Event Logistics" e-mail