Announcement: We have now made this conference a virtual event. All speakers, attendees and sponsors will be able to access the full conference and its materials and will be able to log on remotely via the internet.
We are delighted to announce the 3rd annual Defence Safety conference (VIRTUAL/ONLINE ACCESS ONLY), taking place on the 5th and 6th October 2020.
The aim of the conference is to review the safe delivery of defence capabilities, and the parts that operational users, equipment and service delivery organisations and research and development play in defence safety
. It will identify good practice to be learned from and inform the views of those who procure, provide and operate Defence equipment and services.
Last year's conference hosted over 200 attendees from 18 nations and contributions ranged from the Vice Chief of Defence Staff to Chief Executives of Industry, as well as international operational leaders and military safety experts.
The 2020 Defence Safety Conference
will feature briefings from across the air, land and maritime domains, as well as from defence leaders from industry and policy makers.
As the only event dedicated to defence safety
, this conference is the global meeting point for the military community.
Benefits of Attending
- The only event specifically focused on defence safety and supported by senior leaders across international armed forces
- Supported by C-Level industry executives
- Key briefings from duty holders, regulators and operators from Land, Air and Maritime domains
- Over 200 attendees in 2019 - more expected in 2020
- Air Commodore Jason Agius, Director General -Defence Aviation Safety Authority, Royal Australian Air Force
- Air Commodore Mark Jeffery, Head of RAF Safety Centre, Royal Air Force
- Air Marshal Gerry Mayhew, Deputy Commander Operations, Royal Air Force High Wycombe (subject to final confirmation)
- Air Marshal Sue Gray, Director General Defence Safety Authority, Ministry of Defence, UK
- Captain Maxine Lawes, Director, NZDF Directorate of Safety, New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF)
- Colonel Larry Nixon, Deputy Chief of Staff , US Air Force Safety Center
- Colonel Maarten Rol, Safety Lead Army Branch , Royal Netherlands Army
- Colonel Marty Bedell, Director, CMC Safety Division , United States Marine Corps
- Colonel Petr Chamrad, Chief Of Aviation Safety Section, Czech MAA, Czech Air Force
- Colonel Ronald Ells, Deputy Commander, US Army Combat Readiness Center
- Colonel Tommy Petersson, Commander Blekinge Wing, Swedish Armed Forces
- Commodore David Patchell, Director General Naval Strategic Readiness, Royal Canadian Navy
- Mr David King, Director HSEP , UK MoD
- Luke Logan, Engineering Director, BAE Systems
- Major General Eirik Kristoffersen, Chief of Army , Norwegian Army
- Major General Gunter Katz, Director General, German Military Aviation Authority
- Major General Matt Holmes, Commandant General, Royal Marines, Royal Marines (subject to final confirmation)
- Mr Michael Brand, Directorate-General for Infrastructure, Environmental Protection and Services, German Ministry of Defence
- Mr Rick de Ronde, Business Development Manager Military Aviation, Robin Radar Systems BV
- Peter Ruddock, Chief Executive , Lockheed Martin UK
- Rear Admiral Fredrick Luchtman, Commander US Navy Safety Centre , US Navy
- Senior Representative, Air Sector , BAE Systems
- Senior Representative, British Army , UK MoD
- Simon Bowen, Chief Executive, Naval Nuclear, Babcock
- Sir Simon Bollom, Chief Executive , DE&S
- Vice Admiral Jerry Kyd, Fleet Commander, Royal Navy
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Virtual Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.