The 19th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
is a non-partisan educational and training Summit designed as a "Town Hall" full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA and Federal's efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT
environment. This event will detail how the DoD & VA are putting Veterans' & active duty's needs first by constantly innovating & delivering state of the art technologies that will ultimately improve the overall ease & quality of care.
Topics to be Covered at the 2020 Summit:
- Revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare and effective data sharing through a modernized EHR that supports the Warfighter
- Transforming OIT into a lean, agile, Veteran-focused enterprise through increased accountability & innovation
- Delivering integrated, affordable, & high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries
- Advancing customer service efforts at the VA to provide world class benefits & care to empower our nation’s Veterans
- Leading an MHS integrated system of acquisition & procurement services that delivers timely, affordable capabilities
- Advancing acquisition/supply chain processes across the VA
- Implementing & sustaining an integrated and protected medical information enterprise through the fielding of MHS Genesis
- Guiding Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT) Modernization Efforts at the VA
- Leveraging 3D Printing Innovations to Facilitate Medical Breakthroughs for Veterans & Active Duty Service Members
- Enabling Veterans to be active participants in their health care through supplying the most up-to date mobile technologies
Why You Should Attend this Summit
The 19th DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
examines the DoD, VA and Federal's efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT
environment. With the VA attempting to implement platforms to increase EHR Interoperability for Veterans, as well as proposing an additional 1.1 billion dollars for the EHR upgrade, the focus on ensuring this rollout is a successful one has never been higher. This event will detail how the DoD & VA are putting Veterans' & active duty's needs first by constantly innovating & delivering state of the art technologies. These technologies will ultimately improve the overall ease & quality of their care; as well as promise the delivery of clean, accurate data to outside providers.
This forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. Senior Leaders at this event will discuss key acquisition priorities & business transformation efforts across the VA, such as the FMBT. They will also touch on what modernized approaches are being taken to utilize innovations to help create medical breakthroughs for Veterans that would have never been possible. This Summit will also detail to attendees how the new military EHR system is improving decision making across Combatant Commands & helping to enable a medically ready force.
Additionally, at the 2020 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
members of industry & government will be able to hear a panel discussion about the advances being made in 3D printing technologies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This revolution in additive manufacturing the medical field has been and continues to be transformative in the way Veterans/Active-Duty are cared for.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD*
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
Top 2020 Confirmed Speakers:
- James Gfrerer, Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology, CIO, OI&T, VA
- Karen L. Brazell, SES & Senior Representatives, Acting Assistant Secretary, OEI, VA Principal Executive Director & Chief Acquisition Officer, OAL&C, VA
- Deborah Lafer Scher, SES, Executive Advisor to the Secretary, Secretary’s Center for Strategic Partnerships (SCSP) VA
- Dr. Lynda C. Davis, SES, Chief Veterans Experience Officer, VA
- BG Mary V. Krueger, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff for Support, G-1/4/6, OTSG/MEDCOM
- Thomas Klobucar, SES, PhD, Executive Director, Office of Rural Health, VHA
- Terry Riffel, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Management Business Transformation, VA
- Valerie Mattison Brown, SES, Chief Strategy Officer, Asst Dep Under Secretary for Health for Policy & Planning, VHA
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USAPARKING
There is NO parking available at the Conference Center, and street parking is limited to 2 hours.
Parking is available for a fee nearby at:
Waterfront At Old Town (One block away)
226 Montgomery St
Alexandria, VA 22314, US
$11 Daily Max – CASH ONLY
Canal Center (Three blocks away)
44 Canal Center Plaza
Alexandria, VA 22314
$10 Daily Max
Washington Square (Four blocks away)
652 Wythe St
Alexandria, VA 22314
$13 Daily Max
Please Note: Parking is NO LONGER AVAILABLE at the former Crowne Plaza Hotel (901 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA)Hotel Rooms are available at:
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria Old Town
625 FIRST STREET, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22314Hotel Reservation Link
(Two walking blocks to venue)