Demining operations are still taking place in Bosnia and Herzegovina and neighbouring nations. We are pleased to be bringing our inaugural Demining and EOD Seminar to Sarajevo to review the current situation and the plan for the next few years to finally make Bosnia and Herzegovina a mine free country.
Many IGOs and NGOs are working tirelessly to clear the minefields in the region and there is a key importance on international cooperation in making the world mine clear by 2025.
Technology in demining is also evolving with many new solutions being adopted to clear mines to help lower casualties. Solutions such as robotics and drones are now being used to assist with clearing mine sites especially in areas where it is difficult to detect mines.
Our Demining and EOD Seminar will bring together leading officials who are working on mine clearance in Croatia as well as across the Balkans. You will hear in-depth presentations and case studies from regional Mine Action Centres as well as other international organisations who are supporting local governments to clear the mine fields.
- Sasa Obradovic, Director, Bosnia and Herzegovina Mine Action Centre (BHMAC)
- Colonel Thorsten Ludwig, Director, NATO MILENG Centre of Excellence
- Colonel Larry Cousins, Deputy Director, NATO Counter-IED Centre of Excellence
- Sead Vrana, Head of EOD Department, Federal Department of Civilian Protection, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bojan Glamoclija, Director, Mine Action Centre, Serbia
- Ahmet Sallova, Head, Mine Action Center, Kosovo
- Milovan Joksimovic, Chief, Department for UXO and National Focal Point for Cluster Munition – CCM, Directorate for Emergency Management, Ministry of Interior, Montenegro
- Lieutenant Colonel Ryszard Waclawik, Head, Technology Department, NATO EOD Centre of Excellence
- Ciprian Andrica, Chief Explosives Threat Management, NATO Kosovo Force
- Veselin Mijajlovic, Director, Regional Center for Divers Training and Underwater Demining, Montenegro
- Sean Burke, Program Manager, Night Vision & Electronic Sensors Directorate (CCDC), U.S. Department of Defense
- Gurkan Keskin, Director, Humanitarian Mine Action Association (IMFAD)
- Sabina Beber-Bostjancic, Deputy Director, ITF Enhancing Human Security (ITF)
- Branislav Jovanovic, Explosive Ordnance Knowledge HUB
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.