The 6th Annual Grid Modernization Forum
, May 11-12, 2021 in Chicago, will examine lessons learned to date by industry leaders pushing the fronters of grid modernization
and reliability. Key technology innovators and executives will share perspectives on how best to leverage smart grid investment, effectively engage customers, and meet the challenges of the changing energy ecosystem.
Case studies of improved network performance, resiliency, outage restoration, and distributed energy resource (DER) integration will be discussed with an eye toward determining best practices and evaluating technology advances for possible implementation. As in prior years, this will be a unique opportunity to network with top industry professionals who are leading the way toward effective grid modernization
and the integrated, interoperable, resilient energy network of tomorrow.
Topics Addressed Include:
- Optimizing the Grid for Maximum service in a Post-Pandemic World
- Best Practices and Strategies for Enhancing Grid Reliability
- Distributed Energy Resources: Meeting Consumers' Needs
- Compelling Use Cases for Long Duration Storage on the Future Grid
- Managing Grid Modernization Complexity: Establishing Visibiity and Control
- Asset Health Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance using AI
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure and its Impact on the Grid
- The Role of Microgrids and Customer and Utility DERs in Grid Modernization
- Decarbonizing the Energy Mix: Success Strategies for Utilities
- Market Drivers, Trends, Opportunities and Challenges for Utilities
- Role of the Smart Meter as the Grid Evolves
- Enhancing Power Resilience with Long-Duration Fuel Cell-based Auxiliary DC Systems
- Emerging Technologies and Tools for the Next-Generation Grid
- Integration and Operation of DERs and Networked Microgrids for Resilient Distribution Grid
- Status and implications of various grid modernization programs across the U.S.
- Managing and integrating distributed energy resources
- The Utility of the Future and the Next-Gen Smart Grid
- And more
- Network strategies and executives at investor-owned, municipal, and rural utilities
- Grid operations engineers and directors
- Service and network planners
- Consultants and system integrators
- Regulatory and policymakers
- Technology innovators and equipment vendors
- Energy storage, communications, and power control solutions providers
- Government agency representatives
- Researchers and university professionals
- Renewable energy providers and technology vendors
- Financial and investment industry professionals
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueChicago Conference Center
205 W. Wacker Drive, 60605
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Located in downtown Chicago's Loop, the Chicago Conference Center is steps away from the city's magnificent lakefront with world-renowned Millennium and Grant Parks, marvelous museums, restaurants and retail shopping.Nearby Hotels